Full Job Description
ClearBridge Investments is a leading global equity manager with over $196 billion in assets under management. The firm is committed to delivering long-term results through active management. We have followed this approach for more than 50 years and continue to offer investment solutions that emphasize differentiated stock selection to move our clients forward. Our investment decisions are supported by a robust research platform that conducts in-depth fundamental analysis of individual securities. We integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into our fundamental research process in all our investment strategies. As an ESG investor for over 30 years, ClearBridge remains at the forefront among asset managers in promoting and communicating the benefits of including ESG factors when selecting investments and building portfolios.
Owned by Franklin Templeton, ClearBridge operates with investment independence from headquarters in New York and offices in Baltimore, London, San Francisco, Sydney and Wilmington. ClearBridge Investments has been named by Pensions & Investments Magazine (P&I) as one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management for the ninth year in a row. These awards reflect the Firm’s diverse and inclusive culture , spirit of collaboration, work/life balance and our ongoing investment in our employees.
At ClearBridge, we believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to our success as an organization. We benefit from the sharing of different perspectives and our varied experiences. ClearBridge is proud to be a diverse company that promotes integrity, respect and teamwork and encourages new ideas and viewpoints. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is demonstrated through our various recruitment efforts, employee programs, charitable and volunteer efforts.
Our International and Global Growth Investment Team based out of our New York, NY office is looking to hire a Fundamental Equity Research Analyst. This team’s investment process has an intrinsic value philosophy and seeks to generate alpha from differentiated fundamental views on growth stocks across different types of growth segments. The team invests across mid to large market caps and geographies around the world, primarily developed markets but includes emerging markets in its coverage/investments.
- Conduct fundamental research of individual companies, prioritized with PM’s, across primarily, but not exclusively, non-US markets.
- Will be required to cover several industries and facilitate better and more in -depth knowledge of industries and companies within those sectors.
- Attend and document meetings and earnings calls with relevant company managements.
- Model company financials; document via templates, industry dynamics; growth characteristics, investment thesis, conclusions, ESG and Risk characteristics.
- Perform maintenance of existing ideas including quarterly/semiannual calls.
- Work collaboratively within the team and the firm to foster differentiated views and thematic ideas within your sector backed by written and verbal communications.
- Communicate information effectively within the team and facilitate positive values.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 4+ years of investment industry experience as a fundamental research analyst
- Experience analyzing companies across various global equity markets
- Sector experienced analysts a plus
- Exceptional analytical skills and rigorous financial statement analysis
- Clarity of thought and excellent communication skills
- Ability to synthesize, present and communicate key industry data, market opportunities and risks in a timely fashion. Ability to reach a well thought through conclusion
- A strong work ethic; an ability to collaborate as well as work independently
- MBA, CFA a plus
Our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards. Our Total Rewards include:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, wellness and risk benefits to protect employees and their families
- Retirement savings, stock purchase and other incentive programs to help employees plan for the future
- Holiday, paid-time-off and other employee programs that support work-life balance
- Support for pursuing certifications, external education and degree programs
- Learning, development and career advancement opportunities
- Ways to get involved in, and give back to, our communities, including paid time off for volunteering and charitable donation matching
ClearBridge Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com . In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.