Role: Senior Financial Analyst – FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis)
This is a great role for someone looking to leverage their finance and accounting skills to make an impact, help guide change and continue moving the organization forward. This is an organization that truly cares for, values and appreciates its employees. In addition to being able to work with a world-class Finance team, this company offers stability and job security within a larger organization. This is my favorite client. Truly amazing people. I would 100% work with this team and everyone I’ve helped them hire loves the team. Looking for someone who’s not afraid of hard work as there are a lot of exciting ad-hoc projects that the company is working on. This role is open due to growth. We need someone with a strategic mindset that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Ideally seeking someone that has some experience handing budgeting, forecasting, analytics and ad-hoc analysis for a logistics company. In this role, you will ultimately handle and have financial ownership of Rail, Freight, Demurrage and Trucking. This individual will also assist the Director of FP&A in developing reporting for “Lane Profitability”. Someone that has industry experience in trucking, railroad or an oilfield service company would be ideal.
Location: Greater Houston, TX (Ideally someone on the north side that is near The Woodlands). Must currently live in the Greater Houston Area metro. Relocation assistance is not available.
Duration: Full Time (FTE), permanent role
- Broad scope of responsibilities so you won’t get bored or pigeonholed into one area of finance
- Work with a dynamic progressive team and collaborate with some of the best minds in the business
- Opportunity to work with an exceptional Finance Leadership team and report to an amazing Director of FP&A that truly values and appreciates their team and is a great mentor to help push your personal growth & development.
- Comes with an excellent compensation package, benefits, vacation, holidays
- Stability and job security within a larger organization
- Assist with the budgeting process
- Work closely with the finance team and business leaders to gather insight into business trends to update monthly forecasts
- Responsible for monthly executive P&L reporting and being able to present monthly results to the Executive Team
- Responsible for financial modeling and understanding forecast models thoroughly, works in partnership with departmental leaders
- Identify growth opportunities in the business and develop ideas with organization leaders into strategic business plans including financial outcomes
- Presentations – produce enterprise-level reporting such as P&Ls, KPI’s, reviews financial presentation produced by the broader finance team including monthly financial reviews with executives, board of directors’ presentations, and ad hoc supplemental materials
- Knowledgeable in FP&A, corporate or plant finance, accounting, related reporting and operations or willing to learn quickly
- 5+ years of Finance or Accounting experience with a blend of public accounting and corporate industry experience preferred
- Exposure to accounting and finance software (SAP, Oracle, HFM, Hyperion Planning/Essbase, Power BI, etc.) is a big plus
- An overall aptitude for Finance issues in a large public company
- Advanced degrees/certifications strongly preferred (CPA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MAcc)
- BA degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field or related equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 suite of products
- Advanced Excel skills and is comfortable data mining and creating Excel models/templates to use for recurring monthly analysis
- IT background or ability to run queries would be helpful, looking to enhance their processes to automate as much as possible
- Must have a strong work ethic, be a true team player, roll up your sleeves, can-do attitude, is okay with getting into the details to truly understand if something does not pass the sniff test
- Seeking someone that considers themselves to be a life-long learner and has a lot of intellectual curiosity in trying to understand how and why things work
- Must be committed to quality and excellence, someone that ensures their work is 100% accurate and does not try and take shortcuts
- Must have a great personality and be able to laugh
- Must be able to maintain composure under pressure
Interviews are currently being conducted, for immediate consideration, please apply now. Please submit your resume in Word format when applying. Please make sure to highlight and capture your relevant work experience on your resume when applying to this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
© 2021 Four Pillars Talent. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants