A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 200,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states.
Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy’s CEO knows all associates by their name. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education and Entertainment industries, and of course we support Compass Group– which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
The Senior Category Business Manager position is responsible for establishing partnerships and programs with distributors to maximize the value of Foodbuy to its members. This position is also responsible for the promotion, implementation and management of distribution programs for members. This position will be located in Charlotte, NC.
• Establish and execute against 1, 2, and 3-year FY plans for the management of assigned distributors. This includes gaining a complete understanding of Compass Group and member purchasing, and identifying opportunities to increase the value-add of Foodbuy. • Establish supplier business plans and facilitate quarterly strategic planning meetings with assigned distributors. Work with distributors to jointly grow distributor and Foodbuy business with members. Work with distributors to remove barriers that might prevent them from implementing Foodbuy programs. • Ensure all suppliers meet Foodbuy requirements as outlined in the Foodbuy Policies & Procedures. • Work closely with the Sourcing team to establish and renegotiate contracts with improved commercial terms for assigned distributors.
Cross Department Collaboration
• Engage department leadership, cross-department representatives and key stakeholders for planning and feedback. • Work with the Compliance, Member Development Group and Business Needs teams to ensure that distributors are aligned with Foodbuy manufacturer contracted programs, culinary initiatives and Foodbuy member requirements.• Work closely with the Member Development Group to define and create sales strategies to promote Foodbuy distributor programs to new and established members. Participate in sales presentations as needed.• Manage the onboarding processes for new member implementations.
• Act as a lead Foodbuy resource for the Member Development Group for all inquiries related to distribution and compliance management. Continue to identify opportunities to increase the value-add of all Foodbuy programs. • Act in a lead role working with department leadership to develop a strategic framework for management of the department supplier portfolio, including supplier overviews and executive reporting. • Act as a lead resource working with Sourcing to evaluate and/or manage freight and route-to-market opportunities.• Play key leadership role during emergency and disaster planning through broadline distribution.
• Improve distribution income while maintaining or lowering into-unit costs for assigned distributors. Track progress, maintain accurate forecasting and present year-end results. • Execute against working capital opportunities within the distribution supplier portfolio. Take a lead role in assisting department personnel with identifying and capturing APO and DSO gains.
• Review department support processes and use the Continue-Start-Stop approach to maximize team value. Liaison with cross-functional team leadership within Foodbuy and Compass Group to improve department value-add to stakeholders and drive efficiencies. • Conduct monthly Progress Reviews and Personal Development Plan (PDP) feedback meetings with direct reports. • Focus on Leadership. Ensure your approach is positive and professional, and focus on inspiring through strong team leadership.
• Maintain and contribute to the development of the Foodbuy image by representing the company in a professional and positive manner.
• 10+ years experience in foodservice distribution, customer service and purchasing required• Bachelor’s degree preferred; Supply Chain or related field of study preferred; significant related experience will be considered in lieu of formal education• Experience leadership to successfully execute corporate and department objectives required• Strong financial and forecast experience• Strong working knowledge of rebate and contract management technology required• Organizational and project management skills required to manage complex projects• Strong professional presentation and interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills• Proficiency with MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story (http://www.compass-usa.com/our-story/)
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 589592