Full Job Description
The Financial Analyst IV (FA4) role is a member of PI Regional Center Line Finance Team, delivering impactful and insightful financial analysis to our business partners. The primary objective of the role will be to provide a broad range of analytics, financial management, and strategic business partner support to drive improved outcomes and financial results to the broader organization.
You will be responsible for a number of key dependencies in supporting the Regional Center organization including Headcount and P&L governance, KPI/Scorecards reporting and insights, and variable compensation accruals.
You will also provide a broad range of ad-hoc analytical support across PI’s Distribution organization. The analyses and insights delivered are critical components to drive business planning and ongoing decision making.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or equivalent; MBA or advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of professional experience in Finance with a successful track record in financial modeling and analysis; 3+ years of experience with advanced degree
- Financial services experience; experience in Retail Investing and/or Call Center support a plus
- Proficiency in financial modeling and presentation tools (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) with experience in Tableau, Hyperion Essbase, Anaplan, SQL (FCAP, CWE)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with Finance and business partners at varying levels of the organization
- Intellectual curiosity
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, working independently to perform most analyses
- Strong attention to detail and ownership for managing large quantities of detailed information with high levels of accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and seek creative solutions that challenge conventional approaches
- Confidence and ability to influence others across the organization
- Flexible and adaptable teammate
- Ability to respond to shifting priorities while maintaining progress of regularly scheduled work
The Value You Deliver
- Drive the headcount/p&l governance process for an organization of over 10K associates
- Ownership of key performance metric reporting, analytics, and insights
- Providing analyses and strategic recommendations to management and business partners
- Synthesizing data, analyses, and conclusions into presentation format for senior management
- Finding opportunities to streamline work processes to make the team more efficient and effective
- Proactive partnership and communication with business and Finance partners
- Using tools and business knowledge to continuously provide insightful information, reporting and analytics that evolve with changes in the business
- Work with the business to understand investment opportunities and provide cost benefit analyses to support decision making
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.