FI Consulting is seeking a full-time Quantitative Modeling Consultant with an MBA to work in our Arlington, VA Headquarters and throughout the Metro DC area on client projects.
FI Consulting specializes in helping commercial and government sector financial institutions leverage data, analytics, modeling and technology to remain at the forefront of their changing industry. FI Consulting is seeking a skilled full-time Quantitative Modeling Consultant to work in our Arlington, VA Headquarters and throughout the Metro DC area on client projects.
- Perform complex activities related to the creation, implementation, documentation, validation, articulation, defense, on-going upkeep and execution of financial models supported by complex statistical theories and machine learning applications
- Provide senior level consulting partnerships including delivery of Model Development Documents, Performance Monitoring Programs, Performance Reviews, Standard Operating Procedures, and other documents required by enterprise Model Risk Management Policy.
- Design, develop, and deploy financial models using state of the art techniques available in the open and/or vendor solutions
- Partner with client leads to frame the problem, explore various model architectures and methodologies, produce required documentation related to model development life cycle (MDLC), draft and deliver the model development document, and implementation solutions that meet business and modeling requirements
- Support validation and remediation effort to ensure compliance with model risk management guidelines.
- 2+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- A MBA or a master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and familiarity with Model Risk Management policies, framework & requirements
- Good analytical skills including strategically analyzing data, diagnosing opportunities, and providing interventions
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques and hands-on experience working with large and complex data
- Experience defining and documenting Business and Technical Requirements and able to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate trends and impacts to mid-senior level management
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
Who We Are: FI Consulting is a 70-person professional services firm that helps government and commercial financial institutions solve hard problems in data, analytics, modeling, and technology. Our professionals are specialists with expertise across a range of fields:
- Financial and economic modeling
- Data analytics & visualization
- Financial products and markets
- Economics and statistics
- Business process management and re-engineering
Our Company Values & Operates on:
- A Commitment to Creating Value for our Clients and our Employees
- A Flat Management Structure that is Still Led by one of the Original Founders
- An Emphasis on Teamwork and Cooperation
- Employee Development and Career Growth
- Continuous Improvement
- An Entrepreneurial Culture that Rewards Finding, Developing, and Owning Business
What its really like to Work for Us:
You will work with a team of smart, talented people in a culture that is simultaneously driven, collegial, and supportive. We set high expectations for employees in the areas of project delivery excellence, building trusted client relationships, and continuous improvement. We insist on teamwork and collaboration.
Security Requirements: Authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor VISA Holders at this time.
FLSA Designation – This is an exempt position. FI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. FI Consulting participates in E-Verify