Full Job Description
Senior Financial Analyst, Fund Treasury
JOB OPENING #: 8230
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: FUND TREASURY
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related business field, or Associate degree in business field (or equivalent) and 5 years of Federated experience required; MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of business experienced; 3 years of experience in the mutual fund industry preferred; prior experience and high level of proficiency working with fund accounting and finance related functions, such as, dividend and capital gain distributions, total returns, distribution and SEC yields, and valuation required
- Knowledge of mutual funds required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Analyze a variety of financial information for the mutual funds including dividend recommendations, capital gain calculations and recommendations, expense analysis, and performance information including Net Asset Values (NAVs), shadow NAVs, dividends, undistributed net income, yields, weighted average maturity, weighted average life and total returns. Summarize findings and make recommendations to management.
- Analyze dividend recommendations and prepare capital gain calculations for the funds.
- Review distribution amounts for the mutual funds that pay dividends and/or capital gains, incorporating any tax adjustments to ensure the funds meet their tax requirements. Summarize the findings in writing and make appropriate recommendations to management.
- Oversee procedures performed by the Funds’ accounting service providers with regard to fund mergers and conversion of fund assets and ensure the process is efficient and accurate.
- Prepare the analysis for the monthly market discount analysis (1276 tax adjustment)
- Assist ISS (service provider) with security litigation filings and, as needed, supply documentation to substantiate claims; monitor/track settlements received and determine per share impacts to funds. Responsible for distributing checks to the service providers.
- Coordinate completion of NASDAQ filings for the media and supplementary listings; update Finders and verify listing in the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), as appropriate. Completion of NASDAQ filing for any opening, closing, or merger of funds.
- Coordinate completion of ISS and NASDAQ invoices with the Fund Expense Group.
- Review summary reports prepared by the Funds’ accounting service providers to ensure that procedures contracted for are being performed at contracted service levels.
- Review financial information included in the funds financial statements, prospectus, and statement of additional information.
- Prepare appropriate financial information reports for the Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Research and evaluate new security holdings for proper accounting treatment.
- Assist in the formulation, recommendation, and implementation of accounting and operational policies and procedures.
- Assist the Securities Valuation department, as needed, by acting as a back-up with monitoring the pricing of fund securities and derivatives.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Federated Hermes Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Strong decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and be able to work as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to provide a high level of accuracy and accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
COMMENCEMENT DATE: 08/13/2021
Federated Hermes is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to the following criteria: race (including physical characteristics such as hairstyles), color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, age, familial or marital status, ancestry, military status, veteran status or genetic information as well as any other prohibited criteria under any applicable local, state or federal law applicable to Federated Hermes.
To review Federated Hermes’ California Privacy Notice go to https://www.federatedinvestors.com/corporate/careers.do and select CA Applicant Notice.