This executive level position is responsible for the financial leadership and administrative oversight of the Finance, IT and Human Resource departments of the Fargo Park District including Courts Plus Community Fitness and Valley Senior Services.
Evaluation of this position is based primarily on performance of the following essential functions, which include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the preparation of the Park District’s annual budget. Advising other department heads in formulating budgets, reviewing status of budget, forecasting and preparing required reports. To prepare the annual budget in compliance to North Dakota Century code and GAAP.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of various financial statements and reports. To provide timely and accurate reports for management and other requests needing financial information. Statements and reports must be presented in a timely manner, in proper format and be as accurate as possible based on the information available.
- Compile data and perform financial analysis to provide department heads or supervisors with reliable information necessary for decision making. Analysis must be prepared in a timely and accurate manner and created in a format that can be easily interpreted by the end user.
- Assists Park District legal counsel in the coordination of contracts, agreements, easements and other legal documents.
- Manages the administration of special assessments.
- Establishes financial reporting systems and internal control procedures.
- Develop and recommend system/procedure improvements, modifications and/or creations. Identifying and notifying management of any discrepancies or inconsistencies. Internal controls as established by GAAP. Ensure the Fargo Park District has an audit with unqualified opinion.
- Provides leadership that builds trust and empowers people through teamwork and collaboration by clearly defining expectations that maximize results linking mission, vision, values and strategies to everyday work.
- Assists in the issuance of bands and other indebtedness of the Fargo Park District.
- Monitors or implements legal compliance measures
- Monitor and understand the impact of legislative issues on Park District affairs
- Oversees and manages Human Resources functions within the Park District
- Oversees and manages the IT department/needs of the Park District
- Leads, empowers, and manages staff to produce results by building team consensus to achieve a shared vision of the Fargo Park District
Evaluation of this position may also be based on occasional performance of the following other functions, which include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in inter-department meetings to provide input, advice and technical assistance regarding accounting, funding, budgeting issues, and human resources as they relate to the development of programs and projects. Assist other departments in providing the best programs we can while providing good internal controls. Safeguarding of assets. Timely and accurate financial and management information.
- Assist the Fargo Parks team to understand and clarify impact of the financial decisions needed to reach strategic goals.
- Assists the public by responding to inquiries and requests.
- Assist in administration of the self-funded health insurance plan.
- Keeps direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant issues or concerns.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain safe work environment and surrounding area for oneself, co-workers and public. Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
- Updates and enhances own knowledge by involvement in continuing education for professional growth, i.e., attends relevant conferences, seminars, in-service trainings and certification programs.
- Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field. CPA is required.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Three or more years of management/supervisory responsibility
- Governmental accounting and GASB experience preferred.
- HR and IT management experience preferred.
- CPA or MBA is desired. Individual must maintain such licensure throughout employment with the Park District.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong accounting software knowledge
- Ability to analyze data and determine patterns and trends
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong leadership capabilities; ability to lead by example
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to seek out the collective strengths and wisdom of the team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Exceptional time and priority management
- Mature professional attitude and considerable discretion, including ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to perform with considerable independence and initiative.
Please attach your cover letter and resume to your application. These documents are required to be considered for this position.
From: Fargo Park District