Full Job Description
Experian is the leading global information services company. We help businesses provide great customer experiences by managing and analyzing data that will help them solve problems, drive better decisions and outcomes, and prevent fraud. We help millions of people better manage and improve their financial lives – gain access to credit, save money, and protect their identity.
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Direct to Consumer is the fasting growing business in Experian. We have direct relationships with tens of millions of consumers and have a mission to bring Financial Power to All TM.
What you’ll be doing
You will provide primary finance business partner support for the Direct to Consumer business within ECS, focusing on expansion into new markets. You will provide insights to predict financial implications of strategies, enable product investment and identify opportunities to drive revenue growth and cost efficiencies.
- Regular reporting and monitoring of key performance metrics versus targets and historical results for new market offerings
- Financial modelling of future performance based on historic trends and future business plans (e.g. marketing / product feature launch plans)
- Identifying issues and opportunities that impact revenue; drive to resolve issues and pursue opportunities
- Provide finance support (including modelling returns) for proposed and ongoing strategies, partnerships and other investments
- Identify further key performance metrics to provide insight and work with analytics team to develop the required reporting
- Competitor review, read-out and analysis
- Revenue and cost reporting, forecasting, budgeting – by various segmentations (e.g. client, vertical, customer type), along with scenario analysis to identify ranges of revenue outcomes. Deliver and requirements within prescribed deadlines
- Execute periodic close responsibilities including revenue and cost accounting critical to capturing business results. Maintain a strong control environment while helping the business to be nimble and efficient in decision-making and execution.
- Oversee billing and accounts receivable balances and deliver monthly reconciliations & variance analysis
- Partner with different functional teams to understand investment needs and manage costs to targets
- Post investment analysis on acquisitions and organic investments
- Deliver on ad hoc requests from different functions within the business or regional/global leadership
- Review Finance processes and look to make improvements with either additional insight or efficiency gains
What your background looks like
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field or equivalent practical experience. MBA or CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in finance. Experience in an e-commerce business required; experience in online marketplace or insurance business a plus
- Proven track record as a successful business partner, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong competence in developing financial models for forecasting and business scenario evaluation
- Ability to interpret financial data from large data sets, verify the accuracy and draw out the key highlights
- Strong skills with business intelligence tools and financial systems. Expert level skills in Excel required. Experience with Tableau, Oracle and Hyperion a plus.
- Experience in management reporting, budgeting, forecasting
- Proactive and independent, with proven record of taking the initiative, driving processes end-to-end and executing continuous improvement
- You thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- During the pandemic, all Experian employees have been working remotely. We have developed a forward-looking framework to enable flexible working (remote/office/hybrid) once it is safe to do so.
- Three weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a competitive bonus
- Flexible work schedule
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.