Company: Exelixis, Inc.
Job ID: 2707
Functional Area: General & Administrative
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: Not Indicated
Location: Alameda, CA
Department: Financial Planning & Analysis
Education Required: Not Indicated
The Corporate Finance Manager will be responsible for the management and execution of financial analysis to support the executive leadership team with information for critical business decisions. The candidate will perform duties to support corporate development, business development, strategic planning, life cycle management and general corporate finance activities. Specific tasks include financial modeling and valuation analysis, the tracking of comparable biotechnology companies, competitive analysis, and industry research. The position will report to the Director, Corporate Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Corporate and Business Development
- Lead company/asset valuation and accretion/dilution analysis on potential transactions
- Test sensitivity of deal economics to variances in key assumptions, including synergies
- Drive preparation and presentation of deal summaries and recommendations to senior management
- Evaluate in-licensing opportunities from a financial/business perspective
- Recommend potential deal terms to maximize value to the company
Lifecyle Management and Strategic Planning
- Develop and build analysis to support business partner recommendations on investment/divestment decisions to executive management and BoD
- Lead specific value-added analyses, e.g., resource allocation, profitability analysis, sensitivity/scenario analyses, benchmarking
- Perform company-level and project-level valuation analysis
- Evaluate and compare the financial benefits of life cycle management initiatives/alternatives
- Prepare pro-forma P&L and discounted cash flow analysis on potential compounds
- Develop and standardize financial analysis models employing best-in-class financial analysis techniques, including scenario modelling
- Develop cost-effective strategies for financing the company’s business initiatives and optimizing the company’s capital structure
- Manage comparable company analysis on biotechnology peers in a broad number of areas including GAAP financial tracking, financings, capital structure, financial guidance and financial disclosures
- Create company profiles on biotech and pharma peers
- Maintain corporate weighted average cost of capital (WACC) calculation
- Lead competitive analysis and market potential models
- Conduct competitive intelligence projects on industry peers
- No direct reports; will manage indirect reports and cross-functional project teams
- BS/BA degree in related discipline and five years of related experience; or,
- MBA degree in related discipline and three years of related experience; or,
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in investment banking/management consulting preferred.
- Experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams is a plus.
- Advanced Excel modelling.
- Strong expertise in financial modeling and financial statement analysis (GAAP and non-GAAP)
- Ability to articulate the transaction’s impact on enterprise profitability, cash flow, capital structure, etc.
- Ability to evaluate/model various funding arrangements (e.g., revolver, term loans, equity issuances, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have strong analytical, strategic, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Identifies and implements methods and procedures to achieve results
- Ability to effectively mentor analysts
- Team player with the ability to work independently, proactively and effectively under pressure
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Adaptable to changing business plans and priorities
- Ability to build strong relationships across all levels within an organization
- Broad business acumen and sound business judgment
- Ability to understand business challenges and proactively recommend solutions
- Ability to synthesize and present advanced financial concepts
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
- Requires excellent attention to detail while not losing sight of the big picture.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.