The Manager, Strategy & Corporate Development is a key part of a lean team which identifies and drives key strategic initiatives at EV Connect. This individual will work in conjunction with other members of the management team on a wide variety of projects including exploring new business initiatives and advancing strategic, cross-functional market opportunities. Reporting to the CEO, you will have responsibility for critical strategic projects. Projects will require strategic thinking, research, analysis, modeling, and building recommendations for senior-most leadership. The position offers unique exposure to a wide array of business functions and the opportunity to participate and provide decision support in high-level strategic initiatives that will affect the future of EV Connect.
- Work independently, but utilize cross-functional teams of resources in critical strategic projects including market assessments, competitive intel and sizing of new market and expansion opportunities, specific company evaluations, partnership structures and terms, and M&A
- Analyze customer and market trend data, create new business plans and prepare and present financial modeling for ongoing engagements
- Continually evaluate new market trends and competitive opportunities/threats; support EV Connect’s overall corporate strategy and business development planning with focus on long term growth
- Unlock strategic opportunities across EV Connect’s various revenue streams and customer personas; work to strengthen the cohesiveness across the company’s operating functions
- Present recommendations, including analysis and conclusions, to senior management
- Manage projects and communication flow across the team
- MBA or equivalent experience at large organization
- 3+ years’ experience post MBA or 7 years equivalent experience that includes a combination of the following: • Management consulting or investment banking within an advanced mobility/energy practice • Business development, strategy, corporate development, or corporate finance at a mobility/energy or technology company
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills as evidenced by 5+ years analyzing market trend data
- Ability to integrate market, competition, trends, organizational state and other issues into a coherent vision for change, development and growth
- Ability to accurately assess longer term implications of changing business models with simultaneous focus on optimizing the short term; you are someone who understands the growth drivers of the business and prioritizes initiatives that will accelerate momentum
- Strong interest in the advanced mobility/energy sectors and their convergence
- Desired Characteristics
- Strong interest in the advanced mobility/energy and their convergence
- Strategic thinking w/ strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong presence, judgment and ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations.
- Exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working across many areas and levels of an organization
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including significant financial modeling experience
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and able to work in a fast-moving, hard-working team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
About EV Connect:
EV Connect is on a mission to build a better planet by enabling electricity as a transportation fuel. Through its innovative and open charging platform, EV Connect simplifies the set-up, management, and optimization of charging stations with premium customer service, from installation to driver support. EV Connect guides companies of all sizes in managing networks of chargers and delivers a seamless EV charging experience that empowers drivers.
Established in 2010, EV Connect customers include Avista Utilities, Love’s Travel Stops, Verizon, Marriott, Hilton, Western Digital, Electrify America, ADP, New York Power Authority, and numerous municipalities. For more information, please visit www.evconnect.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Our Benefits and Perks:
Paid time off (vacation and flex time), covered parking, free EV charging, office one block from Metro stop, health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401k, telecommuting options, workplace perks such as free healthy snacks, drinks and coffee.
EV Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.