100 Years of innovative people. Come join us for 100 more.
About Weir ESCO
ESCO® is a globally recognized leader of ground engaging technology used in the surface mining and infrastructure markets. From the initial design and manufacturing to field maintenance, ESCO’s global engineering and technical teams offer expert support to customers who need equipment for large mining machines or excavators.
Our products are used in some of the harshest environments on earth—from mining hard rock to produce the copper that is essential to electric vehicles, renewable energy and building large infrastructure projects in cities worldwide. We share an unrelenting focus on product innovation and are constantly developing new materials, superior metallurgy and solutions to offer reliable, consistent and long-lasting wear parts.
Why Weir ESCO?
Weir ESCO is a respected, award-winning industry leader focused on creatively solving our customer’s complex problems. In 2018, we joined the Scotland-based Weir Group, which is one of the world’s leading mining technology companies. As part of the global Weir Group family, we enable the sustainable and efficient delivery of the natural resources essential to create a better future for the world. We strongly believe inclusion, diversity and equity drive innovation and make us a stronger team. And, to keep us on the leading edge, we invest in our employees in the long term, not just with competitive pay and generous benefits, but with ongoing learning and development, and professional growth opportunities.
We Believe In
Thinking Safety First – Delighting Your Customer – Doing the Right Thing – Aiming High – Respecting Each Other
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
Weir ESCO’s Finance role will be a member of the Divisional Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team and will be responsible for the development of financial planning, reporting, analysis, modeling, and business decision support. The Analyst will interact extensively with global finance and accounting teams.
This role has primary ownership of Global Capex Budgeting, Planning, Reporting, and Analysis (30%); liaises with Business Units, and Shared Services to deliver efficient working capital results on Accounts Payable (20%), Finance business partner for Non-Foundry Operations (20%), support Divisional FP&A (15%), and ad-hoc projects (15%).
Objectives & Measurement – Key Responsibilities:
Ensures forecasting, managerial reporting, and strategic direction support for Global Capital Expenditures, including:
- Performs monthly Capital Expenditures analysis including P&L and B/S variances
- Oversees or performs monthly AFE preparation & Capex performance reporting
- Leads monthly executive Capex Review
- Works with business units and sites to review and analyze global Capex Spend
- Review and Analyze all Capex Return On Investment projects and business cases
- Continuously improve Capex Spend Tracking and Planning
Ensures forecasting, managerial reporting, and strategic direction support for Non-Foundry Operations functions, including:
- Primary contact for Safety, Health, Environment (SHE), Manufacturing Support (Materials, Capacity Planning, Patterns & Tooling) and Manufacturing Leadership on finance-related queries and guidance
- Performs P&L variance analysis, including month-end Division, Cost Center, Location, and Prime account reporting accuracy for business leaders and division finance
- Performs annual Budget and quarterly forecast preparation while adhering to standard work
- Performs Ad-hoc financial analysis projects as needed by aforementioned groups
Ensures the Division delivers efficient financial results, including:
- Primary contact for Procurement group on finance-related queries and guidance
- Leads monthly executive A/P Review
- Develop analysis, reporting, and drive DPO improvement
- Develop Procurement spend analysis, reporting and projections
- Understands, analyzes, and pushes for economically favorable AP & Vendor Terms
Support Divisional FP&A, including
- Ad-Hoc Executive or Legal projects
- Consolidated Reporting, and Forecasting (balance sheet)
- Cash Flow Statement Analysis
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Five+ years’ experience with large multinationals; focus on FP&A and/or manufacturing beneficial
- Ability to lead and motivate others and build strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders
- Advanced financial modeling skills to develop analysis for various business scenarios using Excel
- Ability to effectively work with large sets of data
- Ability to function with a diverse team and leverage and learn from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Must be willing and able to travel 5% (includes domestic)
- Must be permanently authorized to work in the United States
- Additional beneficial skills and abilities include proficiency with Hyperion, Excel and financial modeling tools; CPA or CMA certification; an MBA degree.
Regional Specific Job Information (if applicable):
We take pride in providing a quality workplace and promoting equal opportunities for all.
For additional information about Weir ESCO, visit us at www.esco.weir