Discover Your Career at Emory University:
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Responsible for the development and analysis of financial information that is utilized to help establish the business objectives and departmental direction. Responsible for the annual operating and capital budget processes, management reporting and support of related financial systems, and coordination of financial analysis projects among the staff within the department.
- Coordinates budget development process with administrative leadership to insure accurate and achievable budget estimates. Assists with review and approval of sectional budgets and presentations to various governing bodies of the enterprise.
- Develops and periodically reviews key financial and performance indicators to monitor the performance of the operation. Institutes various budget variance reporting tools to help insure proper management decisions are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Reviews and analyzes key operating statistics, analyzes performance variations and prepare summary presentations for executive and sectional review.
- Responsible for maintenance of accurate and organized accounts payable records.
- Monitors and investigates variances in clinic operating budget and various university account budgets.
- Coordinates preparation of ad hoc financial reports as needed based on specific needs.
- Collects and analyzes data as needed to support financial/operational improvement projects.
- Prepares monthly deficit report on university accounts for leadership.
- Prepares and distributes monthly financial expense reports for University managers.
- Develops and maintains physician profiling data for assigned practices. Initiates and periodically reports on Relative Value Units (RVU) status and progress towards incentive for physicians and on for non-physicians in the program, as applicable.
- Assesses needs and develops and implements staff development and training programs as appropriate.
- Provides administrative liaison responsibility for assigned programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, 7 years of related experience required, preferably in healthcare with a MBA or CPA preferred OR 4 years experience required preferably in healthcare with a MBA or CPA required.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture:
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.