Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The FinOps Manager position will be responsible for driving a FinOps cultural practice across ICE Mortgage Technology (Ellie Mae) that leads to financial accountability and a predictive cloud cost model and cost optimization. The role holder will provide visibility to data insights for key stakeholders so that they are empowered to make business decisions and trade-offs between speed, cost, and quality. In order to optimize the ICE Mortgage Technology cloud footprint, this role will be responsible to drive active reservation management, savings plans, and tagging. In addition, the FinOps Manager will have strong partnerships with Engineering, Product, CorpIT, Infosec, Marketing and Finance in order to influence business case decisions with respect to cloud usage and costing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Public (AWS) and Private Cloud Health analysis (actuals to budget / forecast, spend oversight, detection of key areas of waste and optimization, utilization rates, etc.)
- Maintain AWS Reservation Instances (RIs) and Monthly Savings Plans.
- Conduct monthly cross-organizational cadence meetings w/Product, Engineering, CorpIT, Infosec, Marketing and Finance to identify and action potential cost optimization recommendations.
- Evangelize cloud cost management across many levels within the organization from executive leadership to individuals and teams. Help promote a culture of cost accountability and awareness.
- Identification, implementation, and maintenance of AWS Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Provide executive updates / briefings on AWS cost optimization status.
- Strong understanding of technical engineering concepts, understanding of AWS requirements for engineering capacity, ability to partner cross-organizationally and drive cost optimization discussions, attention to detail, innovative thought leader to develop cost optimization strategies.
- This role requires proficient knowledge of AWS needs required to run a world class, best of breed, stable, and cost optimized Cloud Ops and Engineering organization.
- In addition, this role requires proficient knowledge of AWS services / offerings in order to effectively and successfully meet the Engineering team’s AWS demands.
- In addition, proficient knowledge of AWS dashboards.
- A knowledge of financial and product roadmap processes is required.
- Ability to partner with stakeholders in Engineering and Product on cloud best practices and costing in order to influence business case decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree and / or combination of specialized work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a cloud business operations role with an emphasis on cost optimization.
- Prior experience with KPI modeling as well as an understanding of cloud costing models, forecasting, etc.
- Prior experience with AWS dashboards, reservation management, tagging, etc.
- MBA preferable.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.