The Finance Associate will support senior Finance team members in third-party financing activities (deal origination and execution) and perform all required analysis and presentations to support financing decisions for EDPR NA.
- Build, improve and automate financial models (FFCF, FCFE, Project Finance, Tax Equity, etc.), for third-party financings and for EDPR NA’s internal purposes (such as investment approvals, business plan, etc.) using best practices such as benchmarking, process analysis and VBA programming
- Use quantitative methods and statistical techniques (leveraging data tools) to perform enhanced financial valuations for structuring and execution of third-party financial transactions including tax equity partnerships (partnership flip, sale-and-lease back, ITC multiple, etc.), project finance, or back-leverage financings
- Assist with due diligence processes and perform underlying research for internal EDPR NA teams and external parties (auditors, appraisers, technical consultants, etc.), under the supervision of a Finance Manager
- Manage model related funding deliverables and timelines for financing
- Prepare and improve all materials required for assets marketing (teasers, info-memos, factsheets) and for required approvals at the EDPR and EDP decision making committees
- Model new financial structures per guidance of senior Finance team members and in collaboration with Tax team
- Research possibility for further automation of internal processes using data tools, programming or machine learning.
Direct reports: None
Travel: 0 – 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field; MBA/Masters of Finance desirable
- 5+ years’ work experience in energy or finance
- Hands-on knowledge of valuation and financing modelling
- Direct work experience in the tax equity or project finance industry is desirable
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Visual Basic and PowerPoint
- Proficient knowledge of SAP and some knowledge of Microsoft Access preferred
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Strong Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment.
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary
Yes. up to 10%
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
5 years: 5+ years’ work experience in energy or finance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)