EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Principal Financial Analyst. This position will be located at our headquarters in Englewood, CO. We are looking for a candidate with a strong understanding of business and industry trends to apply quantitative analysis towards improving operational performance and communicating financial analyses to management.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned areas.
- Helps design new and more effective budgets and forecasts.
- Performs ad hoc financial analysis of existing business or new opportunities and offers recommendations.
- Acts extensively as an internal consultant for other Business units.
- Supports the business development group with market research, competitive analysis, and merger and acquisition activities.
- Identifies and tracks key indicators to monitor organization performance and prepare competitive analysis and benchmarking.
- Conducts project reviews with financial oversight.
Basic Requirements :
- BA/BS in relevant field with minimum of 3+ years’ experience analyzing financial data
- 3+ years’ experience performing variance analysis and reporting
- 3+ years’ experience developing budgets and forecasts
- 3+ years’ experience of advanced Excel with the ability to create complex financial models
Preferred Qualifications :
- MS/MBA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of financial measurements such as working capital, net present value, internal rate of return, and return on capital investment.
- Experience using Hyperion Suite of products such as Planning, HFM and EssBase.
- Superior Excel modeling skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; proven ability to present information to all levels of management.
- Initiative with the commitment and ability to meet monthly closing and forecasting deadlines.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail.
- Quick to learn and willingness to go to the details to find issues and work with other teams to solve issues.
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.