Eaton’s Power Quality Division is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing financial analysis and assisting in development of financial forecasts and closings for the Service Business Unit. In this role, you will be accountable for managing the process of gathering, analyzing and reporting on information used to communicate operating results, sales performance, and ad hoc requests in a timely and accurate manner to ensure that PQ Service Management and support functions are receiving critical information needed to perform their jobs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Support the monthly closing processes for PQ Service and provide high quality, timely, and accurate information for the leadership team and supporting functions.
- Lead continuous improvement events to streamline financial processes for PQ Service.
- Provide support and analysis for PQ Service Area Managers and Admins. Analyze operational and financial data, investigate account variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives.
- Serve as SAP expert. Lead ongoing training efforts for finance function on planned objectives.
- Perform analysis/reconciliation’s of balance sheet and P&L accounts on a monthly basis. Review and resolve variances.
- Work in team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation and standardization.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
All duties assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or goals
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Accounting or Financial Analysis
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within (50 miles) of Raleigh, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with SAP, Oracle Financials, Encore, PL Encore, Khalix, Longview and advanced Microsoft skills
- Experience in both General Ledger and shared service (AR/AP) accounting
- Consolidations experience
- Strong analytical skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Solid understanding of the US GAAP
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results
- Strong interpersonal skills and organization savvy required: training, collaborating, coaching, challenging assumptions and giving corrective feedback with tact and respect, sharing knowledge
- Attention to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many organizational levels and functions; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD Power Quality Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time