Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team. This position is located at our Greenwood, South Carolina location.
The primary function of this role is the responsibility for strategic procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services in order to effectively support the production requirements for the plant. Also responsible for assessing proper procurement methods and using lean tools to maximize supply chain while minimizing inventory and costs and supporting and promoting continuous improvement activities and cost savings opportunities. Will analyze appropriate stocking strategies to effectively to support the production requirements for the plant; work with corporate resources to identify product supply sources and review and negotiate purchase price; work with supplier quality team to qualify vendors to ensure the overall conformance of materials purchased to manufacturing specifications; assist facility with new product development; and manage vendor relationships/quality/delivery/inventory levels in accordance with plant objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Maintain continuing knowledge and an understanding of the company’s outside supplier product demands and production scheduling techniques to support the timely availability and procurement of required materials within the current inventory guidelines.
- Devise methods and policies to ensure the most economical movement of materials in/out of plant to achieve cost-effective logistics practices. Tools include Lean and Kanban.
- Analyzes and evaluate inventory and delivery problems and recommends and/or implement solutions to optimize inventory levels and manufacturing schedule.
- Locate and select new and alternate sources of supply to meet the production requirements of the plant.
- Establish and maintain effective contacts and working relationships with vendors and suppliers for all necessary information.
- Prepare and communicate product specifications to vendors for bid as appropriate and negotiate with the most favorable bidder(s) considering costs, quality, delivery, etc.
- Award and administer purchase orders and agreements in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage alliances with key suppliers.
- Maintain and monitor computer and manual computer files related to procurement activities and the effective management of goods and services within the company.
- Support corporate commodity managers on cost reduction programs and drive cost savings projects.
- Lead regular cycle counts for A parts and / or consignment and help manage annual physical inventory.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years minimum experience in production, procurement, or engineering within a manufacturing environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- Five (5) years of experience within production, procurement or engineering within a manufacturing environment.
- Masters degree in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration.
- APICS CPIM certification.
- SAP Super User.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time