Eaton’s Crouse Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas team is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
Eaton’s Crouse Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas team has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst who will play an integral role in providing Corporate, Division, and Business Unit management with reliable financial analysis to make decisions impacting the financial performance of the corporation. This role, reporting to the Finance Manager, is a highly visible role with international exposure and will be instrumental in shaping how we measure business performance, automate reporting & analysis, and support questions from key stakeholders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Prepare, review and analyze financial forecasts, operating budgets and strategic plans.
- Provide in depth analysis on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts.
- Report the daily progress of the business toward the monthly established goals, giving the management team the first line of reporting to trends in the marketplace.
- Perform detailed SG&A expenditure analysis to identify trends and areas in need of cost control focus. Provide valuable variance analysis to highlight issues or opportunities and promote understanding of necessary changes.
- Perform division finance month-end closing procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the department to propose and implement process improvement ideas to enable more accurate and faster reporting.
- Analyze Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow statements for domestic and international business units.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Syracuse, NY. will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- Financial analysis experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM)
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work well with people across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate/present to senior level managers
- Strong understanding of standard financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and working knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD HQ
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time