Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Lead Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
Eaton’s Crouse Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas team has an exciting opportunity for a Lead FP&A Analyst who will play in integral role in providing, Corporate, Division, and Business Unit management with reliable financial analysis to make decisions impacting the financial performance of the corporation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare, review and analyze financial forecasts, operating budgets and strategic plans.
- Provide in depth analysis on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts.
- Report the daily progress of the business toward the monthly established goals, giving the management team the first line of reporting to trends in the marketplace.
- Perform detailed SG&A expenditure analysis to identify trends and areas in need of cost control focus. Provide valuable variance analysis to highlight issues or opportunities and promote understanding of necessary changes.
- Perform Business Unit month-end closing procedures, complete account reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Work collaboratively with the department to propose and implement process improvement ideas to enable more accurate and faster reporting.
- Analyze Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow statements for domestic & international business units.
- In certain situations, will act as team lead in regard to process improvements and evaluations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Syracuse, NY will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 5 years’ experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Financial analysis experience in a manufacturing environment with background in FP&A and/or Cost Accounting
- Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM)
Position Success Criteria:
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work well with people across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate/present to senior level managers
- Requires a strong understanding of standard financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and working knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No