Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
The Regional Supply Chain Manager (RSC) leads a regional cross functional team and is responsible for orchestrating the regional supply chain team to achieve targeted business results. The RSC is the business point of contact for the Supply Chain for assigned businesses and works closely with the Global Supply Chain Business Lead in planning, developing and executing Supply Chain Strategies aligned with business objectives for the region.
The Regional Supply Chain Manager:
- Shapes the Regional Supply Chain to contribute to the success of the business and execute on supply chain strategy
- Responsible for the short term (0-6mon) OPEX plan for assigned plants & warehouses and aligns with the IBP 0-24 month plan through participation in the monthly IBP meetings
- Collaborates with the Global Supply Manager to set inventory strategies and targets for assigned plants/warehouses
- Ensures the regional supply chain is capable & efficient to deliver on business segment offerings for the region
- Develops and drives a vision & strategy, consistent with organizational direction, for the regional cross functional team.
- Develops & implements regional metrics aligned with business goals and ensures the cross-functional team is motivated to achieve goals
- Understands customer’s needs through WWCAR & Customer Feedback and provides solutions to enhance Supply Chain offerings consistent with business segment strategies
- Participates in the selection, training and mentoring of supply chain team members that supports RSC’s business.
- They build high performing cross functional teams by encouraging collaboration, empowerment and effectiveness while working towards common goals.
- Leads resolution of complex problems by leading a cross-functional team towards a resolution aligned with business objectives
- Responsible for Regional Supply Chain Metrics, including, but not limited to, Distribution Cost, Service Level, Inventory Targets, and Supply Chain Customer Feedback
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Preferred Bachelor’s degrees include supply chain, engineering, operations management. MBA or other Master’s Degree a plus.
Experience: Three plus years experience in forecasting, supply chain, manufacturing, and/or business required
Statistical and Analytical capabilities are required. The successful candidate must have strong written, verbal and interrpersonal communication skills.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.