Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
A Global role at Eastman which requires strong leadership and relationship skills, outstanding communications capabilities, and the willingness to perform in a dual advocacy job. They will be aligned to one or two businesses globally, and will be the Logistics leadership position who is the focal point for strategic interface to the Supply Chain Directors/Leads and to the businesses. This position has a strong earnings link. The LBL is fully accountable for the Logistics/Business relationships and results
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships – the advocate for Business Partners within Logistics. Extends this relationship across functional teams and maintains a bi-directional flow of information.
- Ensures that the business strategies are fully supported by the Global Logistics team.
- Assists with the activities of the Logistics Cost Analysts, defining Business partner needs and translating those needs to tailored metrics – Delivered Flow Costs or service.
- Prioritizes the accuracy of Logistics rolling 24 month forecast including focus on annual target setting and SQ.
- Actively represents Logistics in SC Supply Plan meetings, engaging to interpret the Business logistics needs.
- Leads Scenario Planning with the Business and Logistics to offer options and creative approaches in meeting our Customers’ needs including cost to serve and warehousing strategy.
- Participates as a member of Business/Supply Chain Leadership teams to drive Logistics-related projects & KPIs, providing benchmarks that demonstrate market position for BU teams.
- Serves as a liaison to the Center of Excellence (COE) to manage and prioritize projects and advocate business needs to the COE.
- Provides timely proactive communications regarding potential and/or ongoing SC disruptions (i.e. Weather, Strikes, Port closures, Derailments) and develops plans for mitigation of these potential disruptions.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business-related, engineering or technical discipline required.
- Prior procurement experience preferred either in a business, Supply Chain, or in Logistics.
- Eastman experience preferred.
- MBA preferred.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.