Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position will provide financial leadership in supporting The Dollywood Company. Responsibilities include financial planning and analysis, decision support to internal client base, supporting the long-term strategic planning and capital deployment process and performance measurement on key strategic initiatives.
Summary of Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare annual budgets and periodic forecasts for all properties
- Review monthly performance and conduct variance analysis to budget/forecast and prior year activity
- Identify opportunities to automate and improve reporting and analysis
- Working with internal client base, create business models demonstrating the value proposition and effective deployment of capital consistent with the Company’s long-term strategic goals and initiatives
- Assist division leaders in review of contracts and proposals to insure all appropriate elements are included
- Provide various ad hoc analyses to support strategic business initiatives and operations
- Develop and implement periodic dashboards and key performance indicator (KPI) reporting, identifying large variances to budget/forecast and prior year
Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.
- Able to project Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in their work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must display and live out our Lead with Love principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Must be willing to constantly improve.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must adapt to changes easily.
- Must tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Must show appreciation to others.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to take action to meet their needs within company guidelines.
Essential Functions Necessary To Perform Job Duties
- Able to display and live out Lead with Love qualities rooted in the Dollywood culture by being: patient, kind, humble, respectful, selfless, forgiving, honest and committed
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long/short periods
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts. (Able to work cooperatively with others.)
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time
- Able to operate/drive company vehicles
- Able to work outdoors
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Industrial Engineering
- MBA highly desirable; Professional accreditation preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience required with emphasis on FP&A, statistical and financial analysis; hospitality amusement, food or retail industry experience preferred but not required
- Expert in Excel; experience in extracting and analyzing large data sets from multiple source systems
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communicative skills; ability to work across all levels of the organization as a valued business partner
- Innovative team player who can multitask and work independently
- Strong logical and analytical problem solving skills
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and proof of insurance is required
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States