Manage the commercial terms and business relationships with Packaging suppliers supporting the Diversey US business. The position will be located in Charlotte, NC in the company headquarters building. The position will report to the Global Director Procurement, aligned to the North American Supply Chain Manufacturing organization.
- Financial – Cost Savings and Working Capital Initiatives – generate new ideas and execute on those ideas to deliver and over deliver cost reductions in line with the specific targets. Engage suppliers on pricing and supply related issues for new product quotes, volume transfers and/or cost savings projects.
- Product Supply – Manage intermittent supply issues and support planning organization to ensure supplier performance and compliance
- Quality: Oversee regular supplier audits and measure supplier performance
- Market Intelligence – Keep abreast of the state of the contracting, materials, and general supply market to be both a source of information internally as well as a conduit between suppliers and the business.
- Innovations Support – Support new project initiatives from the business, attend team functions and provide input, engage suppliers to help team understand potential costs and design/cost implication, engage larger Supply Chain functions when necessary, execute startups.
- Communications – Develop appropriate communications to advise business of supplier performance and supply issues.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of the procurement environment, ideally knowledge of the packaging market and technologies
- Must have strong business and analytical skills with specific knowledge of small to medium size business operations
- Must have strong negotiations and sourcing skills
- Min 5 years of purchasing experience
- Engineering degree preferred
- Strong manufacturing experience, ideally within the industry
- Certified Purchasing Manager a plus
- MBA a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, Diversey provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to be considered for any position to be filled unless the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the hiring process, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org .