Job Description :
To provide financial, compliance and business performance leadership to Lincolnway, Diageo’s 2nd site in Plainfield, IL. To work collaboratively with operation and the site leadership to drive efficiencies, productivity initiatives and the most appropriate allocation of resources and investment to create value for Diageo. Specifically:
- Drive performance and decision-making process at the site through providing financial support and leadership.
- Lead the development of the annual plans, delivery of financial results and development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Lead accurate, timely and financially astute profit and loss and balance sheet management. Support ongoing business performance management reviews.
- Maintain strong internal control & compliance environment.
- Lead the development/execution of best in class tools and techniques to drive simpler, faster and better reporting and decision-making.
- Identify & pro-actively manage risks and opportunities and provide performance insights.
Decision Making / Financial Responsibility
The site is developed to pack 15m cases of Diageo brands including Smirnoff and other ready-to-drink SKUs. The Senior Finance Analyst leads the financial reporting, accounting and analysis that supports this site. This includes building awareness and accountability within the organization, reducing complexity, and optimizing business processes.
- Reports to Finance Director, Supply Operations.
- Part of Plant Leadership Teams.
- Build strong relationship and manage and influence stakeholders across the site.
Complexity of Role
- The role requires significant in-depth knowledge of accounting, planning, reporting, analysis and controls.
- Understanding of end to end Supply chain and cost accounting, including requirements and transactions relating to product conversion costs.
- Strong leadership skills as part of Plant Leadership Team.
- Ability to impact performance and implement continuous improvement agenda.
- Change management capabilities and business transformation experience.
- Building and leveraging relationships across different business functions is essential to delivering the results.
Key Outputs / Deliverables
- Provide exceptional business partnering support and financial oversight for the site to help drive effective decision making.
- Lead the development of the annual operating plan (AOP) and monthly LE forecasts/R&O (risks and opportunities).
- Lead the monthly close process and preparation of financial and operational performance reports including BPM reporting and KPIs.
- Manage the accuracy and data integrity of the B/S and P&L.
- Be able to connect transactional details to decision support required to drive plant performance.
- Ensure that the correct controls and governance is in place to meet CARM and Risk standards.
- 5+ years of financial management/accounting experience, preferably within a manufacturing or fast moving & complex consumer goods environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required; a professional accounting designation or MBA is preferred.
- Knowledge of the beverage alcohol industry supply chain is preferred.
- Strong technical accounting, planning, analysis, reporting and systems expertise. SAP knowledge a plus.
- Proven ability to distill out complex business issues, provide logical, compelling and clear plans for action.
- Requires excellent leadership/networking skills and ability to lead and influence organizational change.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :