Full Job Description
Isobar is a digital agency committed to delivering robust, innovative, world-class solutions. We design and build everything from content-rich brand experiences to sophisticated business platforms to dynamic media and entertainment apps. Isobar’s breadth of clientele means that our people have a broad range of industry and platform opportunities to explore. Full collaboration between our technology, user experience, creative, business, and marketing teams ensures we create complex, award-winning, slam-dunk work
Lead Business Analysis at Isobar
Our Business Analysts provide the analytical strategies, insights, and solutions that Isobar delivers to world-class brands within the media, finance, healthcare, commerce, and government sectors. In addition to award-winning websites and mobile applications, we have implemented a number of pioneering ideas in the digital space.
Every member of the Business team—from the most junior analyst to our most senior leadership—works in close collaboration with our counterparts in other disciplines, as well as with our clients. Together, we create solutions that always function from the user’s perspective.
We value people who have a passion for creative problem solving, relish tackling complex issues, are able to communicate ideas effectively, and are self-starters eager to learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, client-driven environment. At Isobar we expect our analysts to be hands-on at every stage of the process. They must be able to conduct discovery work in order to understand our users and the challenges at hand, and then translate those audience needs into business objectives and priorities for both a short- and long-term user experience vision. Finally, through thorough testing and other techniques, our analysts must be able to set the course for a sound implementation and documentation delivery.
Isobar is seeking Lead Business Analysts to work in project team settings handling a variety of roles and responsibilities. Candidates must be intelligent, analytical problem solvers with strong written and verbal communication skills. Lead Business Analysts at Isobar must be self-starters, able to quickly learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, client-driven environment.
Lead Business Analysts must have:
- Experience leading one or several junior resources and liaising with leads within other disciplines
- The ability to analyze complex situations and adapt to changing projects and responsibilities
- Insightful recommendations based on creative analysis and solutions options
- Expert understanding of requirements gathering processes, tools, and templates
- The ability to create—and direct others to create—business deliverables, including functional specifications, use cases, requirement traceability matrices, user stories, and acceptance criteria, and ensure deliverables are client-ready
- A comprehensive understanding of functional, regression, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing, and the ability to lead both internal and client team members in the effort
- Experience using bug-tracking software such as JIRA
- Experience in facilitating and driving client requirements workshops
- An understanding of project delivery methodologies, including waterfall and the agile Scrum framework
- Fundamental knowledge of user experience principles
- Thorough knowledge of cross-discipline project activities, deliverables, and impacts
Lead Business Analysts work closely with Project Managers to drive requirement definitions, prioritization, and project scope. They must be comfortable working with a variety of teams and individuals, including user experience, visual design, technical, program management, and executive leadership, and must have direct client-facing experience. In addition, as often the sole Business Analyst on a project, Lead Business Analysts must be independent, driven, and able to represent the business discipline on projects and internal initiatives.
- Establish project standards and apply the best approach and methodology that suits the task requirements and client environment
- Apply Isobar methodologies and tools to project delivery
- Serve as the functional/domain expert on the project team
- Manage a significant component of a work thread within an engagement, possibly managing a small internal or client team
- Prepare high-quality, client-ready functional deliverables
- Adept at identifying, quantifying, and managing project delivery risks
- Mentor and lead junior team members
- Facilitate client working sessions
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and be able to present written and oral communications in an organized, structured manner with an ability to level the communications appropriately for the target audience (from internal team communications to client presentations)
- Able to communicate complex ideas and make the complex simple
- Lead team status meetings and inform manager of issues, risks, decisions, etc., while identifying solutions and methods to mitigate risk
- Review final deliverables with client stakeholders
- Understand leading-edge mobile and web application technologies, including but not limited to mobile web and iOS/Android applications, CMS, CRM, and other Internet applications in a variety of industries
- Experience in one of more of the following solution sets: corporate sites, consumer sites, B2B sites, B2C sites, commerce platforms, employee portals, or marketing platforms
- Understand the elements of user experience and visual design and the application and benefits of a user-centered design process in the delivery of solutions
- Maintain a leading-edge understanding of new and emerging technologies and their potential client applications
- Assist in proposal efforts, including project approach, solution design, and scoping
- Convey the Isobar brand and capabilities in both written and verbal business development conversations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years professional experience in consulting, with at least 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Consulting experience delivering web and/or mobile channel solutions at an enterprise scale
- Experience serving as the business/product subject matter expert on projects based on previous experience and/or the ability to quickly learn and become the resident expert
Nice To Have
- MBA or Master’s degree in Information Technologies
- CAPM certification
- Experience in large-scale eCommerce implementations
- Experience as Scrum master or CSM/CSPO certification
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.