Manager, Finance (FP&A/R&D)
Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine.
We are seeking a Finance Manager in our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) & R&D Finance team. This position will be responsible for preparing budgets, forecasts and multi-year financial plans. Responsibilities will also include supporting the monthly close process, developing and maintaining financial controls and delivering financial reports. Additionally, the role will provide business partnering & analytical support to project teams and departments.
- Provide analytical support for FP&A responsibilities including financial planning, tracking, reporting and conducting variance analyses
- Support preparation of financial updates for Board of Directors & Executive team
- Partner with project teams and departments to develop and manage budgets & forecasts
- Work cross functionally with R&D stakeholders including Clinical Operations, Manufacturing, Non-clinical operations to support operational and strategic objectives
- Lead periodic financial reviews with project teams
- Identifies and delivers opportunities to simplify and improve processes and systems and create operational efficiencies
- Provide financial support for external collaborations
- Ensure timely and accurate month-end and quarterly close
- Perform analyses that lead to problem solving, decision-making, and actionable recommendations for the business
- Successful track record leading financial processes, analytics and business partnering
- Requires strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Passionate and interested in learning about R&D
- Strong knowledge and experience with accounting principles, financial analysis, and problem solving
- High attention to detail and solid organizational skills with excellent ability to communicate both visually and verbally
- Driven to success and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done well in a highly dynamic environment. Self-motivated, independent and results-oriented
- Life science / pharma / biotech experience preferred
- Experience with financial planning and ERP systems
- Good knowledge of GAAP and Accounting guidelines preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA, CFA or CPA a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years of Finance related experience