Consulting Finance – Planning Team – Manager
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Work You’ll Do
In providing finance-related services to the business
- Explain, present and analyze the financial performance and plans of the business
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to gather inputs, validate recommendations, and help manage the planning process
- Provide meaningful, actionable insights, advice, and recommendations on historic and the future financial performance to the Business’ leadership
- Communicate analysis and recommendations in a clear, succinct manner while demonstrating executive presence
- Support an efficient and effective planning process that produces accurate and logical plans that align with business’s strategic objectives
The Team and Role Description
The Consulting Finance team within Deloitte’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization provides specialized finance-related services in support of Consulting’s business leaders. The Consulting Finance Planning team provides analytical and finance support services to the Deloitte Consulting Executive Committee. The Planning team drives key processes including long-range financial planning, external and internal trend analysis, annual plan target setting, annual plan support and investments analysis.
During the period of October – July, the primary focus is on establishing initial growth targets for the upcoming fiscal year and executing the annual planning process in partnership with the Firm’s FP&A Planning team and the Consulting Finance OP and Industry BPs. The annual planning process involves managing many stakeholders and moving pieces to ensure that Consulting leadership is aware of progress and supported in decision-making. Key responsibilities are in analysis, recommendations and communications to the Consulting COO and broader Consulting Leadership team. Close coordination is required with the Firm Planning team as well as the individual Consulting business leaders and support teams.
Additionally during the August – September time frame, the long-term planning process is initiated. This role will also support ad hoc analytical projects ranging from investments analysis to profitability analysis. This work will address business questions using a variety of data sources, analyze the business in new ways, and require communicating findings and recommendations to executive leaders in a clear and succinct manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related subject
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant finance experience, focus on Financial Planning and Analysis preferred
- Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Problem solving skills
- Project management
- Business process improvement
- Developing innovative solutions to business issues
Capability and Skillset Requirements
- Executive Presence: Engages with diverse executive leadership in an appropriate and effective manner to communicate findings, build leadership confidence in results/process, and promote decision-making and process progress
- Building Rapport with Process Leaders, Peers and Team: Leads by example; actively listens; Respects the opinions and perspectives of others; Demonstrates strong personal commitment to others; clearly states thoughts, ideas, and expectations
- Creating Quality Deliverables: Establishes deliverable structure and content; Reviews deliverables of self and others team to ensure that they meet client expectations; Implements and enforces high standards for quality deliverables
- Project / Program Management: Ability to structure work and lead a virtual team comprised of direct reports and a broad network of process leads/managers
- Communications: Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to create as well as deliver effective presentations
- Accountability for Results: Holds self and others accountable for ensuring that results are achieved; Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision; Acts on items beyond formal job responsibility; Sets high expectations for self and others
- Providing Exceptional Client Service: Manages self and others to provide exceptional client service by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality, accountability, and integrity
- Motivating Others: Exhibits enthusiasm, positive professional attitude, integrity, reliability, and leadership
- Problem Solving: Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Decision-making: Decision making skills, and ability to challenge, negotiate, and influence
- Developing thought leadership / innovative ideas: Generates innovative ideas that are sound and progressive; Challenges the status quo; Fosters creativity throughout area of responsibility
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Technology or Other Requirements
- Advanced in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Understanding of SAP, Swift Analysis for Office, and other financial applications
- How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.