Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world’s original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the overall operations for the facility based in Gordonsville.
- Provides leadership for Dana’s internal & external team members in all assigned tasks, while upholding Dana core values always.
- Ensures quality and safety during the manufacturing of products and repairs on time and within budget.
- Plans and formulates manufacturing and repair strategies to provide value added solutions to our customers.
- Ensures Dana Operating System compliance for the Dana Gordonsville location.
- Oversees successful facility expansion (as needed) through strategic business and budget planning
- Assigns necessary resources to specific projects such as product design, reverse engineering and/or product testing.
- Controls expenditures and stays within limitations of defined and agreed upon budgets set forth by management.
- Evaluates and, if needed, negotiations with major suppliers and strategic alliances to facility Dana’s safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives are met.
- Achieves Dana’s revenue and profitability goals.
- Establishes and cultivates an environment and foundation for a flexible work force that provides the organization a long-term sustainable future that promotes the total value proposition to Dana’s valued customers.
- Prioritizes location resources effectively and in accordance with management objectives.
- Works in conjunction with the LV business unit of Services & Manufacturing teams to ensure long term sustainable growth.
- Leads the on-site Service and manufacturing teams by inclusively managing operational performance, coaching, mentoring, hiring, and facilitating career development of all team members
- Responsible for forecasting and managing operational KPI’s and effectively managing the organizations assembly, repair, and parts backlog to ensure delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual commitments.
- Sets the vision of the operation team; develops and adheres to the approved business plan; and accomplishes the growth and profitability initiatives that have been established in the annual budget process.
- Evaluates market trends and gather market information and stays current on the development of all new technologies that could be incorporated into the operational value proposition.
- Empowered to make decisions across the organization and authority to make cross functional decisions in partnership with other Dana leadership team members.
- Proven Leadership skills
- Supervisory or management experience, preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Proven Continuous Improvement skills
- Working knowledge of the industrial products industries
- Demonstrated record of individual and team achievements in prior Manufacturing and/or leadership positions
- Proven oral, written, telephone and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information and utilize it to position the features and benefits to customer needs
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed up to 15% travel time
Education and experience
- A minimum of five (5) years leading a team, specifically in a Manufacturing/Production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Engineering, or equivalent required. MBA preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.