Primary Location: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202000710
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
This Senior Financial Analyst position will be responsible for the planning, reporting and month-end close activities supporting Cox Residential Outside Plant Construction capital spend. This position will interact with all levels of leadership both In Atlanta and in field locations. Work typically requires advanced Excel and PowerPoint proficiency. Experience with querying relational databases and development of Tableau dashboards will be very helpful. The successful candidate must communicate well, articulate the story behind the numbers, and be organized.
- Performs financial analysis and planning – Develops analyses, providing key insights into performance and identification of emerging trends to support quarterly forecasts and long-range planning. Gathers and compiles data needed to identify complex and dynamic business trends. Provides robust analysis and recommendations to management for remedial actions.
- Provides client support – Provides consultative services to operational partners. Works cross functionally with internal stakeholders for delivery of analyses and projects. Through collaborative partnerships, recommends, facilitates and implements changes; analyzes and reviews data and resolves questions and/or problems. The primary client for this position is Outside Plant Construction.
- Performs modeling – Conceptualizes, prepares and presents advanced models, analyses and recommendations. Includes developing planning and analysis models that incorporate revenue data to support capital large projects, driver-based, rate/volume, analysis and budgeting.
- Performs reporting – Creates, tests, distributes and tracks business cases/financial models, reports and Tableau dashboards. Provides succinct variance explanations and effectively articulates the story behind the numbers.
- Monitor and optimize business processes – Provides and reviews data to ensure both compliance and effectiveness of complex operational and financial processes, identifying anomalies and making recommendations.
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.); OR 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- Solid understanding of financial models (ROI, IRR, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power Point and other financial tools etc.
- Skilled in financial modeling, creating business cases, querying databases and data analysis.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
- BS/BA in related discipline (Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
- MBA degree in related discipline strongly desired.
- Experience in support Technology organization desired.
- Experience with Tableau or similar data analysis tools
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.