Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202001359
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in the US, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Our company is full of dreamers and doers. People who make plans and who make things happen. And, of course, people who have fun doing it.
Come connect with us, and let’s build a better future together.
The New Growth & Development organization is focused on identifying and analyzing areas of future growth and plans to achieve sustained and balance growth across the enterprise. The organization works to answer “what’s next” for Cox and our customers. We develop growth hypothesis and test those hypotheses through 1) skunkworks 2) investing in new businesses 3) traditional R&D 4) identifying strategic partnerships and 5) exploring emerging businesses. Growth opportunities are currently being incubated across a variety of adjacent business and technology sectors including Commercial IOT, Edge Cloud, Healthcare, and others.
The New Growth & Development group is now hiring a Manager of New Growth who will oversee the design, customer discovery, and development of a new opportunity area within our Commercial Internet of Things business line, which is developing next-generation Logistics IoT and Supply Chain transformation solutions to track assets, monitor environmental conditions, and optimize operations and workflow all in an effort to enable the Supply Chain of the future.
Our purpose within this opportunity area comes from the idea of “Unleashing the power of a connected world by enabling frictionless interactions among people and things.”
This role will be for a cutting-edge product designer to take the next step in their career and help lead our effort to develop and commercialize new connected tracking solutions. You will plan, organize and drive product design and development from prototyping through product lifecycle and coordinate efforts with engineering, marketing, business development, legal, operations, and other key stakeholders. In this role you must be comfortable wearing many hats from delivering executive presentations to detailed discussions with our engineers.
Specifically, this role will:
- Help develop new product concepts and define product vision and strategy
- Lead all design activities from sketches through refinement, rapid prototyping, and mass-production
- Incorporate innovative learnings from areas such as gaming and behavioral science/behavioral economics into product design to maximize consumer engagement and retention while creating a unique and differentiated consumer experience
- Perform market & competitor analysis to develop the business case using relevant data and metrics to back up critical pricing, revenue, and cost assumptions
- Develop typical product management deliverables including marketing requirements (MRDs), product requirements (PRDs)
- Work with marketing to develop marketing collateral and GTM strategies
- Own and manage the product roadmap and related consumer research by working closely with engineering and other internal teams for on-time delivery of relevant features and deliverables
- Research relevant supply chain and consumer technology trends, competitors, and market offerings
- 3+ years’ experience in product design/development with technology and/or digital solution experience.
- A strong understanding of product design, user research and design execution. Experience in leading projects successfully, firm understanding of consumer needs, branding, technology and manufacturing methods while delivering world class design
- Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to gather direct customer feedback early in the product design and development process
- Experience translating ideas and customer input into creative consumer products, designs, and solutions
- Knowledge of software design, mechanical design and electrical engineering techniques, principles and evaluation.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum development, JIRA, or similar program management methodologies
- Ability to set priorities and manage time to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong capacity to communicate detailed, persuasive information to all partners – verbally and/ or in writing
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; technical degree in related engineering or design field.
- A masters degree in a related discipline. (MBA, MS, MSc, MEng)
- Experience in Cloud, Application Development, or Telecommunications industry experience
- Knowledge of various hardware components and architectures including sensor technology (i.e. PPG, Accelerometer/Gyro), mobile processors (i.e. Qualcomm 2100/3100, low power MCUs), wireless technologies (BT, BTLE, Wi-Fi, LTE), display technologies (OLED, TFT LCD, e-ink), battery technologies, etc.
- Experience in fast-paced, start-up environments
- Understanding of the Logistics/Supply Chain industry
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.