Primary Location: 11799 N College Ave, Carmel, IN, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202000881
Cox Automotive / NextGear Capital are seeking a Sr Financial Analyst who will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of financial data relating to all debt securitization metrics to banks, investors, and rating agencies. This will include the creation and maintenance of comprehensive metrics to both historically track and forecast the performance of the company’s collateral to ensure all lender obligations are met. This will also include creating and presenting materials to banks and rating agencies.
Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment. Candidates must have the ability to operate and work across functional groups in a matrixed organization. To support various corporate G&A business partners effectively, candidates must be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization including senior executives. Effective communication of analysis, building strong business partner relationships and building executive-level presentations are essential in this role, as are interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Manager of Finance debt securitization projections and communicating them to Executive Management, CAI, & CEI (Parent/Partner companies)
- Lead weekly and monthly internal securitization review meetings
- Be a strong communicator and presenter of information – regular compilation and occasional oral delivery of presentations will be required.
- Be familiar with data that supports the company’s financial performance and understand metrics that are the basis of financial modeling.
- Serve as a main point of contact to the Cox Enterprises Treasury group on all matters relating to debt, securitization, and cash needs.
- Create reporting and analytics to support the issuance of new bonds for investor purchase.
- Create and present materials on company performance to investors, banks, rating agencies, and NextGear leadership
- Responsible for assisting in the creation of monthly Forecasts and annual Budgets.
- Analyze monthly financial performance against established Forecasts and Budget.
- Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for daily decisions made within parameters set by the controller/manager.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Report the status for all duties listed above to the Manager, Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or an equivalent combination of work experience and education in a financial environment required. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of experience with a strong focus in financial planning (budget/ forecast), financial analysis and business case modeling.
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts, practices and procedures (e.g. IRR, NPV, DCF, payback, etc.).
- Demonstrated analytical ability and high degree of intellectual curiosity with track record of delivered results.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required, including logical and reference formulas, financial functions, use of pivot tables, best practice in financial model structure/design, assumption toggling, charting/graphing and formatting for executive presentations.
- Experience with Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Reporting/Essbase is a strong plus.
- Proven ability to prepare executive level presentations and insights.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to balance multiple, changing priorities and ability to work under tight deadlines. Experienced in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating one’s own work.
This information is not designed to be a complete inventory of the job’s duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Rather, it’s designed to give the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this job title.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.