Location: Corning, NY, US, 14831
Requisition Number: 42234
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of the Position:
- Responsible for supporting the reporting and analytical processes required to facilitate the clear financial articulation of business operational results and projections to both senior management and senior financial leadership.
- Prepare the decks presented during the Board of Directors (BOD) meetings; support the Corporate Controller, CFO, and Director, FP&A, for all analyses and preparation for the BOD meetings.
- Serve as a leader in driving Process Excellence in Corporate FP&A. Take a leading role in driving process improvements in all FP&A rhythms, including the monthly close, monthly control forecast, Green Book, and Black Book processes.
- Ensures all information and analysis generated is timely and accurately represented.
- Provides ad-hoc financial analysis and project support for the business management.
- Optimally leverages the use of Corning’s financial applications (i.e. Khalix, PeopleSoft, BPC) to deliver financial reporting and analytical deliverables.
- Responsible for preparation of financial statements and analysis for senior management meetings – Board of Directors, CMG, and other Senior Management events/reviews.
- Provides ad hoc financial analysis related to capital projects, business scenarios and other initiatives as required.
- Working with Division Controllers and Directors – Business Support, develop division presentations for Quarterly Business Reviews and other management reviews.
- Provide support and guidance to the business Finance teams in their preparation for and submission of the Black Book, Green Book and unit forecasts to Corporate.
- Fully engage in all aspects of and execute on all FP&A deliverables for the new system implementations.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Khalix Corporate FP&A processes.
- Performs detailed analysis and evaluates opportunities to ensure accurate results.
- Financial Analytical Skills
- Can analyze and respond to inquiries regarding unexpected changes in financial results (operating expenses).
- Able to support and review period financial reports, ledgers, and plant financial audits.
- Financial Systems
- Has working knowledge of financial systems used (i.e., PS, Khalix, SAP).
- Has necessary level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project. Uses these tools to work more efficiently and reduce time.
- Ability to perform PeopleSoft queries in order to troubleshoot period closing inquiries
- Has a working knowledge of general accounting including business financial statements and technical knowledge of local accounting and regulatory policies.
- Financial Processes
- Able to coordinate closing processes or segments of the process and reporting of results to business and Corning Incorporated and to ensure accurate and timely results.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Finance or Accounting major preferred
- CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience working on cross functional teams to solve complex business problems.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Corning