Location: Fairport, NY, US, 14450 Corning, NY, US, 14831
Requisition Number: 45457
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
This role will support the PGS business controller in the closing, forecast, budgeting and five-year planning process as well as support the AO division in other financial responsibilities:
- Supports the PGS business Performs and monitors accounting activities (e.g., reconciliations, journal entries, intercompany out of balances, misc. invoicing) in accordance with accounting principles and standards to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements
- Assists with internal financial reporting, performs comprehensive trend analysis, and leads data mining
- Monitors daily operations and actively assists to resolve issues, escalating as appropriate
- Conducts and directs performance evaluation, scenario analysis, variance analysis, and complex ad hoc analysis
- Executes and supports internal and external controls (DLMC)
- Ensures processes, procedures, controls, and records of financial transactions follow standardized methodologies; streamlines processes when possible
- M&A financial support as needed (e.g., rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance)
- Supports cross-functional projects and helps coordinate key communication activities
- Asset management support for AO/PGS division: monitor capital spending, opening/closing capital projects, assisting with capitalizations, asset transfers and disposal requests, physical count process
- Maintain share point site for AR approvals (Docusign process)
- Assist with file set up and updating PS workflows
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent technical degree
- Accounting or Finance Major preferred.
- MBA, CPA/CMA also preferred.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in accounting operations
- Financial Analytical Skills
- Can analyze and respond to inquiries regarding unexpected changes in financial results (operating expenses).
- Able to support and review period financial reports, ledgers, and financial audits.
- Financial Systems
- Expertise preferred in Khalix and Peoplesoft 8.8, or has ability to quickly learn financial systems used by Corning Finance.
- Has necessary level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Uses these tools to work more efficiently and reduce time.
- Ability to perform PeopleSoft queries to troubleshoot period closing inquiries
- Technical Competence
- Knowledge of local accounting and regulatory policies.
- Financial Processes
- Has a working knowledge of general accounting including business financial statements (Sales through NPAT plus statistical accounts and Cash Flow)
- Customer Focus:
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Effectively work on cross functional teams to solve complex business problems.
- Organizational Agility:
- Knows who to contact to secure the appropriate type and level of finance service needed to address the entity’s business needs.
- Problem Solving:
- Performs detailed analysis and evaluates opportunities to ensure accurate results.
- Communication and presentation skills
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Rochester