Director of Operations
Clinical & Operations Leadership
Shift / Schedule
About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Director of Operations with Corizon Health in Baltimore, Maryland:
- Facilitates client understanding of connections between Corizon Health strategic priorities and client needs and expectations. Communicates client feedback to VPO and provides objective feedback to client(s). Identifies outside Agreements and works with Network Development for that need to be closely monitored in order to be in compliance with client contract. Develops, implements, and coaches others in use of Agreement monitoring tools.
- Cascades, translates and reinforces strategic priorities, targets and objectives in and across assigned sites. Incorporates Corizon Health’s strategic direction and industry best practices when defining team solutions. Evaluates recommendations and decisions with regards to Corizon Health’s current priorities and strategic initiatives. Takes action to achieve identified goals related to strategic priority measurement processes. Reports on results/outcomes of actions taken, and identifies and communicates barriers, challenges and resources needed to achieve expected results.
- Evaluates the healthcare delivery processes and procedures at assigned sites on a regular basis and provides timely written reports to VPO/leadership. Effectively uses data to identify performance improvement opportunities, takes action to drive improvement, and monitors progress through ongoing analysis of data and results.
- Performs regular site visits to observe staff and performance of assigned sites. Regularly reviews site performance with site leadership and facilitates development of performance improvement plans, implementation of corrective actions and monitors sites progress. Evaluates effectiveness of performance improvement plan and collaborates with site leadership to revise plan as needed.
- Performs random and scheduled audits to assess site compliance with contractual requirements, accreditation standards and continuous quality safety improvement (CQSI) opportunities. As directed/appropriate, completes appropriate CQSI forms and forwards findings/completed forms to the VPO/leadership.
- Responsible for the implementation and on-going performance for Core Process initiatives in all facilities under their direction. This includes routine monitoring of all clinical processes and the operations support necessary for successful delivery of care in a safe and efficient manner. Takes action through facility leadership teams to ensure that all Corizon Health processes are implemented based on Corizon Health program definitions and nationally established correctional health care standards.
- Conducts at minimum monthly meetings with Health Services Administrators and site leadership to promote goal accomplishment, policy compliance and professional development.
- Coaches and holds direct reports accountable for implementation of corporate strategy. Takes action on priority objectives. Monitors and evaluates impact of company initiatives and policy or technology changes. Directs, monitors, and proactively participates in recruitment strategy implementation in and across assigned sites. Implements Individual Developments and monitors progress for subordinates regularly/as needed.
- Tracks, monitors, and communicates key regional planning, budgeting and forecasting activities. Assists and reviews the work of others on tasks associated with these activities. Reviews and analyzes budget and financial reports for assigned sites and takes corrective action as needed. Provides insight “behind the numbers”. Solves planning, budgeting and forecasting problems/issues related to assigned sites.
- Implements contract data gathering tools related to client contract performance, and effectively uses data to identify solutions and make decisions. Coaches others in the collection and analysis of contract data. Directs appropriate action based on data analysis to ensure contract compliance. Recommends enhancements to contract terms.
- Understands, compares and contrasts the strengths and weaknesses of Corizon Health and competitors’ products and services. Leverages this knowledge/information to identify and implement improvement opportunities across assigned sites. Collaborates with site managers, regional team members and Corizon Health colleagues at all levels and from all areas/disciplines to implement and monitor business process and clinical quality improvement initiatives across assigned sites.
- Guides and ensures effective management of employee engagement, development, and retention efforts throughout area of responsibility and uses data to monitor progress. Identifies high potential talent for development, promotion and succession opportunities.
- Proactively identifies and communicates to VPO potential financial issues/risks, and takes action to drive improvements in regional financial performance. Identifies financial process and reporting inefficiencies and suggests improvements. Coaches direct reports regarding use of the preferred provider list, and ensures that staff at all assigned sites are aware of and following established offsite service delivery strategies and agreements. Communicates issues/concerns related to preferred providers to VPO and Health Care Support for Contracting and Purchasing Department.
- Anticipates operational/contractual issues and deals with potential issues proactively. Collaborates with site leadership and client to meet the goals of the service contract in conjunction with state/community leadership. Regularly meets with Warden’s, Deputy Warden’s and/or Program Managers to facilitate client satisfaction. This will be achieved through site visits or attending monthly MAC meetings.
- Identifies opportunities from an intuitional perspective and works with respective administrative staff as appropriate.
- Participates as part of the Leadership Team.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration or related field required.
- MHA, MBA, or comparable postgraduate degree desirable
- Minimum of four (4) years of management experience in a healthcare setting.
- Multi-site management experience highly desirable.
- Correctional healthcare experience preferred.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Share on your newsfeed
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.