$110,000 – $140,000 a year
Full Job Description
Leads the Strategic Sourcing function of Supply Chain Management to plan strategic initiatives, source suppliers, negotiate contracts and manage suppliers for IT hardware, software and services to provide best value IT solutions for the Commonwealth. This position manages the people, processes and use of systems to conduct solicitations and manage statewide IT contracts and supports the strategy development and planning of those solicitations.
- Ability to understand strategic business needs and shape strategies for solutions. Experience in leading complex, diverse teams.
- Ability to work independently and drive multiple projects to completion.
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts with suppliers. Ability to build strong relationships with customers and suppliers. Proven effective leadership skills.
- Considerable applied knowledge of supply chain management including sourcing, contracting and supplier management preferably for Information Technology.
- Experience in analyzing and developing enterprise wide agreements.
- Experience in leading purchasing and/or contracting groups – supervise, motivate challenge and develop
- Exceptional communication skills to work with all levels of government and the public.
- Significant experience in the procurement of IT and Telecommunications hardware, software and services.
- Related college degree (Business, Procurement, Information Technology) or MBA preferred, but experience may substitute.
- Certifications such as CPM, IACCM , PMP and Six Sigma preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
State employees who have been affected by Policy 1.3 Layoff and possess a valid Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Card) or a Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Card) must submit the card BEFORE the closing date for this position. The card may be scanned and attached to the application or faxed to (804) 371-7401. Please include your name and the position number of the fax cover sheet. All applicants are subject to a background investigation. The investigation may include: fingerprint checks (State Police, FBI); local agency checks; employment verification; verification of education (relevant to employment); credit checks; and other checks requested by the hiring authority. AMERICORPS, PEACE CORPS, AND OTHER NATIONAL SERVICE ALUMNI ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Human Resource Department
101 N. 14th Street
Richmond, VA 23219