12/29/2020 (7:00 PM EST)
Statewide Procurement Analyst I
$41,354.64 – $66,168.96
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 40.0 HR/WK
Finance & Administration Cabinet | Office of the Controller
702 Capital Ave
Frankfort, KY 40601 USA
Are you a team player with experience in agency level purchasing? Are you customer service oriented? Would you like the opportunity to take your procurement skills to the next level? If yes, Shared Services might be the place for you!
The Shared Services Branch is in the Finance and Administration Cabinet, Office of Procurement Services. We provide tactical team services to Executive Branch agencies. There is currently a Statewide Procurement Analyst I vacancy within this branch.
As a Statewide Procurement Analyst I, you would act as an agency liaison to state agencies assigned to you.
The position duties include:
- Procuring at a statewide level
- Guiding all state agencies and monitoring state purchasing functions to evaluate compliance with the Model Procurement Code – KRS 45A
- Preparing and issuing formal invitations to bid or requests for quotes based on requests from all state agencies
- Receiving requests for procurement in a variety of commodity groups where the estimated cost is above the individual agencies small purchase authority
- Reviewing agency purchase requests to determine legality, and best method for procuring
- Developing and issuing formal invitations to bid, or requests for quotes, and analyzing bids/quotes for conformance to specifications and terms and conditions
- Awarding agency specific master agreements or contracts based upon best value, and renewing those contracts as needed
- Gathering, reviewing, developing, and maintaining highly sensitive and often technical information, records and reports
- Researching and compiling reports to analyze information for sharing with agency procurement contacts
- Training for the Kentucky Procurement Institute when necessary
If you are an experienced procurement professional seeking to branch out into a statewide purchasing role, we want to hear from you! Individuals with a Kentucky Certified Procurement Specialist (KCPS) certification are highly encouraged to apply.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Must have four years of purchasing experience in governmental or private purchasing practices and procedures.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: A master’s degree in business administration or a related field will substitute for one year of the required experience.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Experience in governmental or private purchasing will substitute for the required education on a year-for- year basis.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): Must complete the Kentucky Certified Procurement Manager Level training within 12 months of employment. Must maintain any required licensure(s), certification(s), or other credentials for the length of employment in this classification. Employing agency is responsible for ensuring employee possesses and maintains required licensure(s), certification(s), or other credentials.
Incumbents working in this job title perform duties in an office setting.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Debbie Mathews at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-564-8649.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D