$3,231 – $4,280 a month
Pulled from the full job description
- $3,230.84 – $4,280.10 Monthly
Full Job Description
10/11/2020 (8:00 PM EDT)
Resource Management Analyst III
$3,230.84 – $4,280.10 Monthly
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME INELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 37.5 HR/WK
Education & Workforce Development Cab | Department of Education
300 Sower Blvd
Frankfort KY 40601 USA
The Kentucky Department of Education is a premier service agency of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The department provides resources and guidance to Kentucky’s public schools and districts as they implement the state’s K-12 education requirements. The department also serves as the state liaison for federal education requirements and funding opportunities.
Our mission is to partner with districts, schools, families, students, business and industry, and communities to provide leadership and support to ensure success for each and every student. The Kentucky Department of Education (KDE), Office of Education and Technology (OET), Division of School Data Services has an opening for a Resource Management Analyst III position.
The department seeks to hire a smart, experienced, hardworking and dependable Resource Management Analyst III to join our dedicated team.
We seek persons of the highest moral character who understand it is a privilege to represent the Kentucky Department of Education and work on behalf of Kentucky’s children. This role represents a great opportunity to work in a dynamic, challenging and professional environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direction in planning, organizing, and managing information resources in support of the agency’s mission. Resource to agency management during evaluation and monitoring of information technology projects. Data reporting and collection analyst that supports agency work to maximize use and quality of data. Evaluates system functionality (Infinite Campus, Kentucky’s Student Information System) and data needs to develop best practices for collection and reporting.
- Serves as liaison between business/programmatic functions of the agency and the information systems function, analyzing needs and developing requirements and documentation. Gathers information from program areas and district users to define data needs; support data request process through developing requirements and testing quality of data. Maintain up to date documentation and communicate requirements for data collection and reporting timeframes.
- Coordinates agency information resource activities to ensure that information and technology requirements are met. Modifies information resource plans to respond to changes in agency goals and objectives. Reviews Extract Transfer Load (ETL) work of team to ensure data quality.
- Analyzes alternatives for collection, manipulation, storage, retrieval and dissemination of information. Designs and promotes use of information locators and public information access techniques. Analyze, recommend and create system reports to support programmatic needs within system and with data from system.
- Promotes use of statewide information resource management guidelines and technology standards. Adhere to FERPA requirements and other best practices for data ethics and data security. Communicate internally and externally on data initiatives, data ethics and security to promote awareness and best practices.
- Makes formal presentations and creates training materials to support assigned projects. Review and develop training materials in conjunction with program areas to promote system use and access to data reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with SQL reporting.
- Business Analyst experience.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Four years of systems analysis, business administration, or public administration experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: Related technical or vocational training will substitute for the bachelor’s degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. A master’s degree in computer science, business or public administration will substitute for one year of the experience requirement.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Experience in computer programming, systems analysis, information services, research and statistics, business administration, or public administration will substitute for the bachelor’s degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title typically perform duties in an office setting.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Katlyn Comley at email@example.com or 502-564-3716.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D