11/3/2020 (7:00 PM EST)
Public Utilities Rate Analyst II
$32,042.40 – $51,269.52
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 37.5 HR/WK
Energy & Environment Cabinet | KY Public Service Commission
211 Sower Blvd
Frankfort, KY 40601 USA
The Kentucky Public Service Commission regulates the intrastate rates and services of more than 1,100 investor-owned electric, natural gas, telephone, water and sewage utilities, customer-owned electric and telephone cooperatives, water districts and associations, and certain aspects of gas pipelines. Our mission is to foster the provision of safe and reliable service at a reasonable price to the customers of jurisdictional utilities while providing for the financial stability of those utilities by setting fair and just rates.
The Public Utilities Rate Analyst II position’s main responsibility is to perform professional consultative work in the analysis of rate design and structures, and cost of service and tariff filings for the Commission.
If you are interested in being part of a team-driven work environment that is dynamic and supportive, and works directly with utilities and ratepayers of the Commonwealth in accomplishing our mission, please apply for the Public Utilities Rate Analyst II position.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Review of utility applications for general rate cases, financing cases, and alternative rate filings.
- Assists in the analysis and explanation of financial and economic data that support the staff recommendations to the Commission.
- Draft orders stating and explaining the Commission’s decisions regarding revenue requirements, allocations and rate design issues.
- Assists in the review and preparation of staff reports for alternative rate filings and integrated resource plans.
- Performs other duties as required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Reliable team player
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Available for limited travel and occasional overtime
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics,statistics or business administration.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: One year of professional experience in public utility accounts analysis or rate design analysis.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: A master’s degree in accounting, economics, statistics, or business administration will substitute for the required experience.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Certification as a Certified Public Accountant will substitute for the required education and experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title generally perform duties in an office setting.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Stephanie Schweighardt at email@example.com or 502-782-2561.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D