10/18/2020 (8:00 PM EDT)
Administrative Branch Manager
$42,646.56 – $68,234.40
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, INELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 37.5 HR/WK
Cabinet for Health & Family Services | Department for Public Health
275 E Main St HS1WC
Frankfort, KY 40621 USA
The Department for Public Health (DPH), Division of Administration and Financial Management (AFM) currently has an opening for an Administrative Branch Manager in the Local Health Operations Branch. This position will provide oversight for the operations of local health departments (LHD) that includes medical coding and billing, security access, LHD contracts, compliance reviews, and trainings. The ideal candidate must evidence leadership qualities, strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, be highly self-motivated, self- directed, and possess excellent analytical skills.
The Division you will join has a Morale Team that coordinates activities for their employees. Come be part of Public Health making a difference in the lives of Kentucky residents.
Responsibilities for the position:
- Provides overall management of the LHD Operations Branch which oversees administrative support, personnel operations and financial, budget and audit assistance to 58 local health departments.
- Provides overall management of Local Health Department Operations Branch.
- Manages technical assistance to local health departments regarding coding and billing of services, security, Patient Services Reporting System (PSRS), contracts, on-site compliance reviews.
- Monitor branch operations, prepare reports and make recommendations regarding branch operations. Assure compliance with state and federal guidelines; coordinate training activities.
- Provide division management with timely updates on issues regarding branch activities and participates in division management weekly team meetings.
- Represent agency on inter and intra-agency workgroups; prepare and deliver written and oral presentations & perform other functions as assigned by Division Director.
- Provides oversight for Managed Care organization contracts and compliance.
- Authorize overtime and leave requests, recommend salary increases and promotions, sign and approve staff timesheets, evaluate performance of branch employees.
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Professional experience in developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Professional experience in planning, coordinating, and leading others.
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in U.S. CHFS will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that CHFS has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 888-897-7781 or https://www.e-verify.gov/
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Five years of professional administrative experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: A master’s degree in public or business administration or a related field will substitute for one year of the required experience.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Additional administrative or research experience will substitute for the required education on a year for year basis.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title primarily perform duties in an office setting. Minimal travel may be required.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Brandi Hawkins at BrandiN.Hawkins@ky.gov or 502-564-6663.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D