01/10/2021 (7:00 PM EST)
Administrative Branch Manager (Non-Merit)
$42,646.56 – $68,234.40
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME | INELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | NON-CHAPTER | 37.5 HR/WK
General Government Cabinet | Department of Military Affairs
465 Grays Drive Grays Knob KY 40829 USA
Youth are the solution – not the problem!
The Appalachian Challenge Academy is hiring an Administrative Branch Manager position that
- Provides overall management for all sections and units within an administrative branch.
- Supervises and coordinates all activities of the Corps of Cadets and Cadre and staff directly involved in cadet supervision.
- Has primary responsibility for Leadership/Followership, discipline, rewards, promotions and punishments in the cadet effort.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and supervise all aspects of corps of cadet life at the academy.
- Implement general guidance regarding training plans, external cadet activities and field trips.
- Manage manning associated with Cadet operations, to include advertising, selecting, hiring and oversight of cadre and shift supervisors.
- Recommend training and approve work schedules.
- Investigate all cadet infractions and potential criminal activities.
- Impose punishments and potentially dismiss or recommend dismissal of cadets.
- Ensure consistent discipline in Academy.
- Monitor all required cadet and staff reporting in database, ensuring all elements are accurate and timely.
- Manages external activities relating to Service to Community by all elements.
- Schedules, events transportation and meals to conduct major off site Service to Community events.
- Works with other national Youth Challenge programs in the development and implementation of new cadet interaction efforts.
- Performs other key staff duties as assigned.
- A primary member of the Academy Management Team..
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Five years of professional administrative experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: A master’s degree in public or business administration or a related field will substitute for one year of the required experience.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Additional administrative or research experience will substitute for the required education on a year for year basis.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title primarily perform duties in an office setting. Minimal travel may be required.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Crystal Simpson at email@example.com or 502-607-1541.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D