Job Profile Summary
Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements, General Ledger and Asset Management for Cleveland Clinic Florida. Oversees the daily operations of the Finance/Accounting Department.
Job Description Responsibilities:
- Supports: the development and monitoring of both capital and operating budgets, the development of tactical plans and their implementation, the development of forecasts and budgets, the presentation and interpretation of financial information to senior leadership, physicians, front line managers.
- Suggests activities which will improve efficiencies, contribution margin or financial performance.
- Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of financial records and financial statements including General Ledger and Capital Asset systems.
- Leads the planning process of Cleveland Clinic Florida budget and forecast.
- Supports the monitoring of other non-financial activities.
- Reports progress made to senior management and front line managers.
- Provides high level professional analytical support to hospital and service line areas to which the incumbent is assigned.
- Establishes and maintains the integrity of the cost accounting system by assuring data integrity and appropriate RVU assignment.
- Coordinates the closing of Florida hospital and clinic assets.
- Works with Corporate Finance to ensure all reports from Accounting are produced on time.
- Meets deadlines for month and year-end closing for financial statements, MD&A and other required analysis.
- Leads business development projects and possesses the ability to progress a project from conception to implementation and monitoring.
- Prepares fair and accurate capital acquisition assessments in a manner that is consistent with finance standard practice and CCHS policy and procedure.
- Organizes the functions of the department through the appropriate assignment of responsibilities, delegation of authority and overall direction of workflow processes.
- Monitors resource utilization, payroll, supplies and expenses.Communicates with external and internal auditors to maximize information and efficiency. Responsible for the reporting functions of Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA).
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Business Administration with a major in Finance (Accounting is preferred) withan advanced degree
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent experience preferred.
- MBA is highly preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the
Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position: World Class
Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that
enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including
adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as
organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and
guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies
and communication skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Five years or more of financial experience, three to five in healthcare and public accounting including budgeting, reimbursement, analysis board presentation, interaction with senior executive and physicians.
- A minimum of two years of supervision experience is highly preferred. Must possess the technical competency, knowledge of hospital finance, knowledge of the decision support system, and good working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in the database and financial applications used by the enterprise.
- Excellent communication skills, planning and organization skills, and the desire to empower and develop those who report to the position.
- Essential Duties: Responsible for directing Cleveland Clinic Florida’s accounting functions. These functions include establishing and maintaining the organization’s accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Prepares financial reports and presents finding and recommendations to upper management
Physical Duties: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Physical demands for this position include the ability to sit, stand, and use manual dexterity on a frequent basis; have clear vision, and have the ability to talk with clarity on a continual basis.
- Frequent bending, pushing, pulling, and reaching are also required on a daily basis. In addition, this position demands continuous use of fingers, hands, and wrists during the course of the day due to typing and data entry.
- Working Conditions: The occupant of this position spends almost 100% of his/her time in air-conditioned areas.
- The potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens, body fluids or potentially infectious material is minimal to none.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities