I. Basic Purpose:
The Clinical Business Intelligence Analyst will combine his/her healthcare business and clinical knowledge, project leadership skills and data and information retrieval skills to actively address MHS’ need for business and clinical insights through data discovery. The CBI analyst will be responsible for contributing to and coordinating multiple phases of CBI project/solution delivery.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Works collaboratively with end users, data analysts, finance analysts and IT to develop a solution within the business intelligence (BI) environment that meets the business requirements.
4. Lead requirement gathering sessions and effectively develop and communicate solutions to solve complex business needs.
5. Break down high-level business problems into specific questions which can then be answered through data-driven analysis.
6. Participate in the data governance and quality process to develop and document best practices as they relate BI tools and solutions.
7. Regularly meets with /observes key customers to watch how they use information and makes recommendations for reporting process improvements. Proactively communicates project deliverable status, issues and risks to management.
8. Leads and facilitates decision-support related initiatives, typically involving cross-departmental teams.
9. Manage multiple tasks, be detail oriented, responsive, and demonstrate independent thought and critical thinking.
10. Develops training plans and holds training sessions for their customers.
11. Cultivates a strong, collaborative relationship with the customers and IT.
12. Understands the relevant divisions’ business plans and key customers’ job functions pertaining to the business plan.
13. Effectively develops reports/applications/visualizations using appropriate decision support tools.
14. Presents data effectively using methods such as Trend Analysis, Forecasting, and Statistics.
15. Troubleshoots and resolves data integrity and reporting issues.
16. Understands the common sources of data within the healthcare system (internal and external), and the data structures of each data source, relationships between the data sources, and relationships of tables within each data source.
17. Initiates, facilitates and sustains process improvements in their area.
18. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Bachelor’s degree in healthcare field, healthcare administration or management or business administration. MBA preferred.
> 5+ years healthcare experience. Preferably in a decision support or similar role.
> 3+ Experience with one or more EMR systems (Epic preferred) and multiple lines of service.
> 2+ years project leadership or project management.
> Desire to create high impact clinical business intelligence solutions.
> Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
> Exposure to decision support tools such as Excel, Qlikview, Business Objects, etc
> Demonstrates a sound understanding of HIPAA requirements.
> Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Uses advanced functions of Excel to manipulate and/or present data in a precise way.
> Strong written and verbal skills in all phases of analytical and measurement initiatives.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities