Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
Summary: Responsible for: providing financial leadership to the Chromalloy Georgia sites (2); ensuring compliance to GAAP and Sequa Chromalloy policies and procedures; supporting the Site’s management planning and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating Financial and Operational information and recommending actions. The position is part of the Chromalloy Georgia Management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Financial Planning & Analysis requirements including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial forecasts; monthly, quarterly or year over year variance analysis, and gap closure planning for sales, EBITDA and cash flow
- Ensure and maintain internal controls and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and Sequa Chromalloy policies and procedures
- Support Site with its decision-making process by managing the analysis and reporting around key business drivers; including revenue, gross margin, EBITDA, cash, expenses, customer & product profitability, New Product Development, CAPEX and inventory
- Support Strategic Long-Range Plan development
- Perform various month end activities (review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations)
- Participate in developing monthly management reviews, benchmarking studies, and various management presentations.
- Support internal and external audit requests as required
- Drive process improvements that improve Chromalloy’s overall financial performance through utilization of CI tools and product cost methodology
- Drive cost center budgeting and costing initiatives
- Support in Chromalloy Financial Intelligence (CFIn) initiativs through part profitability analysis and partnering with other functions to improve accuracy of part clocking, engineering standards, and quoting
- Manage and supervise, hire, terminate, promote, train and develop and conduct performance appraisals of finance team members
- Perform ad hoc business case analysis, including creation of financial models and analysis of business trends to support the growth and profitability of the business.
- Ethics: Works and behaves in a manner that demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
- Accountability: Establish expectations; clarify roles and responsibilities within and across functions; both vertically and horizontally
- Team Oriented Leadership: Demonstrated ability to manage both team and individual performance, develop talent and deliver results through others
- Functional / Technical Skills: Demonstrated financial analysis and modeling expertise with high standards of accuracy and precision; In depth understanding of financial statements and core finance and accounting concepts
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bias for Action: Highly driven and self-motivated; encourage collaboration between functions and sites; takes initiative to make recommendations and act on high impact priorities
- Communication: Demonstrated ability and desire to communicate, collaborate and coordinate through others throughout the business and financial organizations
- Managerial Courage: Engages in two-way communication across functions to drive improvement, ensure accountability, and resolve cross functional challenges
- Informing: Ability to recognize key issues and effectively communicate to management; Ability to provide the information people need to know to do their jobs and make accurate decisions
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics
- CMA, CPA or MBA preferred
Minimum 5 years of progressive finance experience, including supervision
Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing or similar environment
- Demonstrated financial analysis and modeling expertise (NPV, IRR, etc); highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team environment, and to proactively develop solutions with minimal guidance; an individual who is able to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated.
- Extensive computer experience using MS Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office products. Consolidation software experience with Hyperion, HFM, and Hyperion Planning required. AS400 background and JD Edwards software (Peoplesoft) experience required. Epicor experience is a plus.
- A relentless and versatile learner who is open to change and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of both financial and operational processes.
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
Our Total Rewards Program includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- 401K match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Professional development
- Employee Referral Program
- Values Ambassador Program (Employee Recognition)
- Employee discount programs