You are applying for the position of Physician Relations Consultant Population Heath in Shreveport, Louisiana
This position will work with the Director Population Health to serve as a communication and service link between the CHRISTUS Health Network and local practices in the ministry. The Network comprises of the CHRISTUS Health Plan (CHP), Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) and Accountable Care Organization (ACO). The Provider Engagement Consultant will work with leadership to execute the strategic vision to align and grow the ACO/CIN/CHP network.
The Provider Engagement Consultant is a key resource for continual development and growth of the Network through contracting and relationship management. The Provider Engagement Consultant will drive physician engagement, strengthen the CIN/ACO/CHP-physician relationship and implement initiatives to achieve the triple aim of healthcare and value-based care. This position will manage practice needs and support contract performance across all product offerings. The Consultant will drive population health initiatives such as financial and quality outcomes, data sharing and connectivity, documentation and coding, clinical operational improvements and other areas. Additionally, they will also address practice needs related to health plan operations.
The candidate will have demonstrated experience in the area of physician practices, health plan and population health. The candidate must demonstrate the following: strong interpersonal and relationship skills; ability to work effectively with physicians and office staff; capable of establishing and maintaining strong communication with practices; and act as a local resource to promote CHRISTUS Health’s Network vision and strategies.
- Ministry point of contact for ACO/CIN/CHRISTUS Health Plan participating providers
- Assists practices with operational issues to ensure successful integration to CHRISTUS Health Plan, including claims payment, authorizations, benefits, configuration issues and grievances
- Maintains communication with providers and office staff to resolve CHRISTUS Health Network-related concerns and barriers, respond timely to inquiries, and provide follow-up information
- Develops and implement network alignment plan to build and manage relationships with local practices in the network through ongoing engagement and communication
- Responsible for the contracting of new practices into the ACO/CIN/CHP network.
- Promotes population health and health plan strategic initiatives through education, buy-in and development of processes
- Provide clinical and operational support for success in contracts, including achieving excellence in clinical outcomes and financial performance
- Coordinates meeting and facilitates attendance at educational opportunities/events to connect with practices.
- Brings forward physician alignment opportunities revealed through field interactions and facilitates meetings with local hospital leaders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration or other business-related degree. (MHA, MBA, MPH or equivalent preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in an acute care hospital health system or payor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a variety of individuals including physicians, the general public, and associates
- Ability to motivate others and work in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to interact with CHRISTUS Health leaders, physicians, and hospital leaders as necessary
- Must have strong understanding of and demonstrate skill communications and relationship building
The Associate will also have a moderate amount (30%) of business travel.