Full Job Description
Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support I
Requisition #: 82312
Provides application and implementation support, technology consultation, and operational support to the Corporate Finance department. Functions as subject matter expert and leader on various Corporate Finance initiatives. Acts as liaison between Corporate Finance and Information Systems & Technology. Advocates for users’ needs and coordinates support requests within the Corporate Finance department. Takes a lead role in training, coaching, and mentoring of team members. Provides expert knowledge in applications and customer support, assisting team members in their efforts to provide application support. Assists team manager with support strategies and building a strong, effective team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Business, or equivalent work experience
- No professional certifications required
- 4 years of relevant experience in a healthcare or business environment
- MBA in Computer Science, Accounting, or Business
- Experience with Crystal Reports or similar reporting software
- Experience in enterprise resource planning (Lawson/Infor)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must have proven oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate well-developed and proven organizational, problem solving, analytical, and time management skills
- Must be able to demonstrate project management, customer service and support skills
- Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Must be able to apply creative methods to analyze and enhance workflow efficiencies
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and to interact with teams across organizational lines, including administrative and executive staff
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Provides customer support services to service lines, departments, individuals, and co-workers by responding to service requests within one to two business days, performing operational system processes as required to support the Corporate Finance department, and preparing and distributing reports/queries as required by business areas.
- Provides application support, including troubleshooting application issues, coordinating programming requests and system upgrades, acting as a liaison between Corporate Finance end users and Information Systems & Technology and/or vendors.
- Evaluates data integrity by monitoring system interfaces and analyzing data between systems to ensure existing interfaces still meet current data standards and initiating adjustments to those interfaces as needed to ensure continued data integrity between systems.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of system capabilities and department processes to function as an expert user and educator for Corporate Finance system users.
- Documents support processes and works with supported business areas to grow and expand system solutions as the supported business area’s needs change and evolve.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 1, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Finance/Accounting – Finance