The Associate Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis provides leadership, direction, and management to the financial management planning team. This role is responsible for financial planning and analytical support for business partners and provides senior management information through monthly business performance reporting. The Associate Manager prepares and reviews actual, planned and projected financial statements including income statement, capital expenditures, coworker count and ratio analyses. As well, this role ensures financial statements are accurately and appropriately stated.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Performs monthly reviews of the departmental financial performance vs. plan. This includes working with department heads to assist them in understanding results.
- Coordinates all planning processes with assigned departments, reviews of departmental plans and supervision of planning staff in the process. This may include sales, expense, capital, and coworker count plans.
- Utilizes complex financial models to provide insight on performance targets
- Automates and improves financial planning processes.
- Provides financial analysis support for key capital projects
- Builds successful partnerships with key internal customers and cross functional teams.
- Mentors a team of Financial Analysts.
- Senior level presentations.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree either in finance or accounting, or another major with CPA
- External candidates:
- 4 years previous financial analysis experience.
- Internal candidates:
- 3 years CDW finance experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Solid technical accounting skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to take the lead on researching/resolving issues (from start to finish), or representing department on projects
- Ability to coach and lead a team, as well as represent the department in projects and other initiatives
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applications (Peoplesoft and Hyperion), and SQL
- Proficient in developing complex financial models utilizing Macros