To support the Corporate Strategy team in creating strategic recommendations for enterprise critical projects that will determine the strategic direction and growth trajectory of the company.
The Corporate Strategy Associate will be expected to support the Corporate Strategy team in tasks including:
- Development of high-quality strategic options and recommendations for topics critical to enterprise strategy and growth
- Gathering of qualitative and quantitative industry data and competitive information from publicly available sources, subscribed databases, expert interviews, and from internal Caterpillar business units.
- Integrating, analyzing and summarizing the above data to derive insightful conclusions that maximize business impact and support strategic decision making
- Development of analytical models to support recommendations, on an as needed basis
- Creating reports and presentations to clearly communicate strategic recommendations and supporting data to senior stakeholders
- Have, or be able to quickly develop, an understanding of Caterpillar’s businesses and products
- Strong verbal and written presentation abilities to communicate complex strategic topics articulately
- The position will travel as needed both domestically and occasionally internationally (will vary by project).
The Corporate Strategy Associate will provide strategic recommendations and analysis to support senior decision makers in the company. This position will demonstrate knowledge of hypothesis based problem solving and problem structuring, integration and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data, excellent PowerPoint & excel skills, clear and articulate written and oral communication, and an ability to thrive in ambiguous situations. Good attention to detail resulting in a quality work output, and good stakeholder management skills are also necessary.
- This position requires bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, finance, accounting, economics, science, computer science, engineering or mathematics
- 2-4 years in a management consulting or a corporate strategy role, or 1-2 years in an investment banking, private equity or corporate development role 1-2 additional years of strategy experience
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking, logic and problem solving
- Excellent communicator with an articulate, clear and concise communication style that is adaptable to audiences with varying levels of seniority
- Demonstrated track record of thriving in dynamic professional environments with tight timelines and a high bar for quality of work output
- Track record of successfully identifying high quality solutions for complex and ambiguous problems by applying hypothesis based and structured problem solving methodologies
- Track record of successfully managing and influencing stakeholders at all levels using a mix of interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and empathy
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and excel
- Track record of successfully working with large, global and interdisciplinary teams
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
No Job Summary Provided