Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules, and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Asset Manager – Asset Management
Department:Global Asset Management
Entity:Canadian Solar (USA) Energy Corporation
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To:Director, Head of Global Asset Management
The Asset Manager is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Energy Group Global Asset Management function, including management of operating assets and support of 3rd Party Asset Management & services initiatives (3P AM). The position will work extensively with different regions and other centralized teams including Legal, Corporate Finance, Development and Project Finance.
- Build relations with regional teams & determine strategies related to asset ownership; identify & execute upon opportunities for adding value to regional activities (e.g. standardization, optimization, best practices, transaction support, short term asset holds)
- Work with internal cross-functional teams (e.g. Legal, Accounting etc.) to establish shared service agreements to enable support to & from regions
- Support 3P AM & services initiatives, seek opportunities for value-add and monetization, be an external advocate for services platform
- Support establishment of process, procedure, work products, and software platforms to support 3P AM objectives
- Provide technical and commercial management for (subset of) the operating portfolio, own all contractual, commercial, and operational issues in compliance with project agreements; own P&L for operating assets
- Drive improvements in financial and operational metrics and maximize value of operating assets
- Manage relationships with key counterparties (power offtaker, site owner, equity & debt investors etc.) for operating assets
- Oversee O&M contractors and other service providers & ensure compliance with project agreements, compliance standards, and industry best practices
- Track operational & financial metrics for operating projects & drive improvements
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid understanding of economic & business concepts.
- Familiarity with project agreements and terms, with the ability to identify and manage material terms.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills relating to significant contact and communication with internal & external customers.
- Strong understanding of grid-tied PV system design, operation, management, & financing
- Evidence of solid process development & documentation skills.
- Highly resourceful and comfortable working in an unstructured environment.
- Entrepreneurial and able to identify (& execute upon) new opportunities to add value.
- Highly driven and hard working with high standards for themselves and others.
- Strong organization and planning abilities.
- Ability to deal effectively with diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexibility in work responsibilities.
- Experience with compliance, NERC, FERC, and other reporting obligations for operating projects a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 5 years+ experience in asset management, business management, contract management, or operations roles, in Solar PV or Renewable Energy industry.
- High level of professionalism, results oriented, organized, highly motivated and detailed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, multi-task and strong analytical skills.
- Computer literacy, excellent abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO, and sick days. This is a full-time position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position
Job Description – Asset Manager – XXXX (Americas)
F:HRRecruitingJOB DESCRIPTIONAsset Management