Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Brand Manager, Goldfish Innovation
The Brand Manager of Goldfish Innovation is responsible for shaping and driving the new product innovation pipeline for our iconic Goldfish brand.
This is an exciting role that will synthesize category data, macro trends and consumer research into fresh meaningful insights that lead to incremental business building ideas. These insights will be merged with product and packaging technologies to deliver viable platforms for development. Candidate will lead full length of commercialization process, from opportunity identification to proposition validation to launch and post-launch analysis. Lastly, this individual should leverage existing best practices to deliver innovation AND bring bold and new thinking to deliver innovation to market with agility and a challenger mindset.
Leadership strengths must include inspiring trust and driving organizational alignment with cross functional resources and management. The brand manager is expected to demonstrate strategic creative thinking, be able to thrive in the ambiguity of innovation while inspiring teams to deliver results through commercialization with an overall optimistic and “can do” attitude.
- Identify a pipeline of fresh business building ideas that drive incremental growth for our portfolio. This includes product and packaging in current and future contiguous categories.
- Lead cross functional teams through commercialization of existing breakthrough innovation projects and future validated ideas to deliver commercially and financially viable platforms.
- Continually enhance the process identifying consumer insights, develops new products, activates and connects with consumers to win both in the marketplace and the workplace.
- Serve as subject matter expert on innovation and key strategic thought partner for brand teams.
- Support new product retail activation via compelling sell story development.
- Budget tracking and communication of funding positions to innovation team, leadership and finance.
- The Brand Manager, Goldfish Innovation will need to drive “strategic creativity” to uncover and stretch the potential of existing brand icons. This will require breaking paradigms and uncovering latent potential that connects consumer needs with key drivers of brand equity. Fresh exciting concept ideas must be identified and validated to result in a robust pipeline for growth.
- Candidate will be expected to create new & different ideas that will be market successes – seeking out the bold and different and generating a lot of new and unique ideas.
- This will be accomplished by sharp strategic thinking, a curious interest in evolving consumer needs, and an ability to “connect the dots” from multiple sources of consumer research and trends.
- The ideas must be built upon a foundation of product and packaging commercialization viability and deliver strong financial performance. This requires strong business model savvy, a general management aptitude, and strong partnerships with cross functional resources to deliver results.
- Candidate should be good at bringing ideas to market, with good judgment regarding which creative ideas and suggestions will work. Can facilitate effective brainstorming and good sense for managing commercialization process and leading cross functional teams. Good at figuring out processes necessary to get things done.
- Strong leadership skills will be required to create direction and inspire greatness with cross functional teams. A “can do” attitude with a strong drive for results will be necessary to overcome obstacles and motivate the team through project ebbs and flows.
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA Preferred.
- 5 years of related experience, CPG Preferred
Skills & Capabilities
- Base business management
- Exceptional Core & Platform Innovation Capability. Examples of driving growth from insights to innovation platforms
- Food experience is preferred
- Ability to excel in ambiguity
- Ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence multiple levels in a matrix environment
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships
- Strong analytic ability (IRI/Nielsen experience preferred)
- Strong project management, prioritization and ability to manage timelines to hit key milestones
- Excellent written and oral communication with comfort presenting to leadership
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.