Full Job Description
Caesars Entertainment Corporation JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Senior Auditor
Reports To: Manager Internal Audit
Department: Internal Audit
Location: Horseshoe Baltimore
Reporting to the Manager Internal Audit, the Senior Auditor is responsible for performing or leading a team in the planning and execution of compliance, financial, and operational audits and special projects. This individual regularly interacts with mid-to-senior level management to discuss and resolve potentially contentious issues and recommends improved business practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Perform or lead a team in the planning and execution of regulatory, financial, and operational (gaming and non-gaming) audits and special projects, and interact with mid-senior management in the presentation and discussion of audit findings. This includes the following functions:
- Assess compliance with governmental and jurisdictional regulatory requirements, financial accounting and auditing standards, and company policies to ensure company assets are safeguarded
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of information systems and business controls
- Compare and contrast property controls with regulatory requirements and generally expected internal controls, communicating significant issues to Internal Audit management
- Lead efforts in recommending efficiencies and innovation
- Identify and document business processes and controls in order to evaluate risks and compensating controls
- Assist management, regulators, and independent accountants when required
- Contribute to the company’s continuous improvement initiatives by providing advisory and consulting services to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and utilization of company assets
- Assist in assuring audit practices conform to department and professional standards
- Contribute to a strong relationship with property mid-management and staff
- Lead or facilitate meetings to discuss audit findings and consulting services with top levels of management
- Assist in the training and development of Staff I and Staff II
- Assist the Manager in the supervision of team members related to audit plan completion
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be eligible for occupational (gaming) licensing in various gaming jurisdictions, with primary focus in Maryland .
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles/standards, and familiarity with various computer systems and applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a changing environment
- Must possess highly developed analytical skills and the ability to think creatively about ways to analyze casino, hotel, and retail operations
- Must conduct themselves in a positive, credible, ethical manner at all times.
Four-year degree in accounting or finance from accredited college or university, or four-year degree with sufficient courses in accounting and auditing required. Two or more years of internal audit, public accounting or related business experience, with lead auditor experience preferred. CIA, CPA, other relevant certification, and/or advanced degree (MBA, MS) preferred.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and employees. Ability to communicate policies and procedures to individuals and groups, and to persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action. Ability to effectively present information and/or a convincing argument to executives.
ANALYTICAL AND REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports. Ability to accept ambiguous circumstances and take action where answers to a problem are not readily apparent. Ability to analyze information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to: define the problem or objective, identify relevant concerns or factors, identify patterns, tendencies and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and recognize alternatives and their implications. Skill in managing multi-faceted projects to a successful conclusion. Ability to multi-task.
Periodic travel of approximately 10% probable.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.